ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water in footwells.

Fiat Panda 100hp
I have discovered today that my mats and carpets from the footwells to the back seats are saturated with water. And also when I press the brakes when driving you can hear what sounds like 10L of water sluching around.

How has it got in? where is it storing the water?

Abit pissed, car has been nuthin but trouble recently.

Mk1 Ph3 btw thanks

182 + 5 GT Turbo
I have discovered today that my mats and carpets from the footwells to the back seats are saturated with water. And also when I press the brakes when driving you can hear what sounds like 10L of water sluching around.

How has it got in? where is it storing the water?

Abit pissed, car has been nuthin but trouble recently.

Mk1 Ph3 btw thanks

Have you got a sunroof mate?

182 + 5 GT Turbo
I have, but surely if it was coming there it would wet the seats too?

Not necessarily mate. But the quickest way to find out whats happening is to unbolt your front seats and take out your carpet, or at least pull as much of it up as you can and get someone to run a hose over the car with you in it. Watch for where it comes in. My money is still in the sun roof. There are also drains in the doors so check they're not clogged up too.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
This happened to me this week. I took all the trim out the car, and ive drilled holes in the fiberglass to expose the bolts. Im taking out the sunroof and sealing it properly. Sadly i found out there was a leak at 12pm on a wet night, when my car wouldnt start. Imobiliser was shorting, but once i pulled the imobiliser out the caddy, it worked. Cleaned all the heads etc, and it works fine now.

Sunroof refit is today.

Iv had this in a couple of my briefs, both times its been decomposing leaves stuck in the drainage holes under the windscreen usually accessed by lifting the bonnet and removing the plastic covers at the bottom of the windscreen. Hope you get it sorted!

Fiat Panda 100hp
where is the water? its sounds like a reservoir somewhere, but the only place it can be is in the doors

182 + 5 GT Turbo
where is the water? its sounds like a reservoir somewhere, but the only place it can be is in the doors

Ok i think im with you. When you brake you can hear it sloshing around yeah?

If thats the case there is a slim chance your door drains are blocked and theres a build up within the door itself. Happens with Reno 5's a lot. Builds up to a point where it comes into the car through the speaker recess's! Look at the bottom of your doors and see what state they're in.

Other than that, could be a build up in the scuttle area so like matey says, take off the plastic covers at the base of the windscreen (under the windscreen wipers) and have a butchers in there.

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Yeh the drainage holes could be blocked under the windscreen. Or, if your water tank (for the rad) is low/empty your heater matrix may have burst. There is usually a plastic pipe under the front seats on the floor that send hot air to the rear of the car via your heater. If these get water in them instead of air the rear of the car will get damp too off the condensation. I once had a Rover with the same problem. Difficult to say without seeing the car though but good luck!

Mondeo TDCI 130
water builds in in the sill of my valver, when i got it i could hear it, drilled a hole in the drivers sill at the rear and about a litre come out!!!