ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water in ignition system

LY 182
Hello,

Had the car in the garage for a failed hose in the hydraulic steering system. They sorted this but they needed to clean the engine/engine bay because it had been covered with the hydraulic fluid.

Now, since having the car back it seems like its running on 3 spark plugs, hesitates terribly and is extremely lumpy. After reading up here it sounds like they managed to get water in the ignition system/engine.

Now, without suggesting straight away that the garage will necessarily do this, I want to make sure I can proove that it is them that got water into the engine in case they try to fob me off.

Anyone have any advice? Cheers!

182cup & 172 racecar
Its might be that its gone down one of the spark plug tubes,once you get moisture down there it cannot go anywhere.Take the leads off one at a time and blow them out with an airline.

E36 328
Doesnt it just evaporate if it goes into the spark plug wells?

Honest question as i know you are an experienced guy Tony but thats what i always thought :)

182cup & 172 racecar
It might well do,it will take ages as the water will evaporate then condense again because of the design of it all,it happened on mine just before we filmed at Milbrooke for 5th gear which was a ball ache,had to put a new plug in in the end.

Lionel Richie
you don't put water in engine bays, muppets

have they not heard of brake cleaner?

oh and take the plug leads out the head, i'll bet money on them being full of water