ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water inside door card

Abarth 500 Essesse
I've just been to fit some new speakers to find water on the inside of the door, the speaker was actually wet, not alot but i wouldn't expect any water near electrics tbh.

I realise that water does go inside the doors and then drains through a hole in the bottom of the door, i've checked and this is clear so no problems with drainage, i just didn't expect water to appear where it has done. The passenger side was dry.

Has anyone else found this? and is it anything to really worry about? We are not talking a lot of water, i need my car so cba taking it to renault for them to work there usual high level of magic on it!

I'm not too sure on the layout of the Clio door, but check where the wiring loom goes through to see if its sealed correctly. Maybe spray coming up from the road?

Abarth 500 Essesse
Can't remember seing anything like that Rory, i'll nip out and see if it's wet again as i dried it a couple of hours ago and its been raining since

Abarth 500 Essesse
Right i've been back out and took some pictures, this was dry about 2 hours ago, so seems to be rain water thats getting in, not coming up from the road,etc. Checked the passenger side and that is bone dry, the foam in between the speaker and the door card is the only thing stopping the water coming straight in the car.

Feeling the cables the foam wrapping around them is all wet aswell.

Heres the pics of the water.

This is the seal going to the door, which looks ok to me?

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg