ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Pump Change Help

Clio 182
Hi Guys

Just after a bit of advice. The time has finally come to change the water pump on my 182. The water pump was fine bust seemed to be leaking from the gasket. Had a bit of time this afternoon so started to strip it down and get the old gasket and pump out. When putting the pump in I got it all secured and then went to put the pulley on but for the life of me could not get it over the pump. I have dropped the engine so with was sitting on the subframe but there was no way I could squeeze it over. My questions are

1. Do I put the pulley resting over the pump before securing it. ( even thou I can not seem to put the pump in with this being the case

2. The car is a FF 182 with air con so does it make it easier to remove the cam belt covers ?

3. Does removing the dog bone mount allow the engine to move back enough when dropped to get all the parts in

Sorry for all the questions but with the darker nights was a lot harder to be doing this outside

Cheers