ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wax stripper

BG Clio 182
Right. I've recently clayed the car and iron x'd and fully decontaminated etc and removed remnants of waxes and polishes etc in the process I expect.

Theres a few swirl marks now of which I recently whacked some black hole over and all looks wonderful. That was just a quick do but I've got a bit of time now so want to machine polish it.

I've got all the polishes etc I just need to know how to strip all the glaze and wax off so I can get back to the paint to detail it. The car doesn't need claying as it was done 3 weeks ago as mentioned.

So, how can I get the car back to the paint? And after polishing, should I just slap nattys blue over the top or should I polish the black hole then a sealant then a wax?

Cheers!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It'll come off when you polish it anyway.

Alternatively you can spray it with tardis.

Actually, i'd recommend decontaminating again to be honest, it could've picked anything up in 3 weeks

When I do cars, even if they're immacute, I still wash and decontaminate, you never know what you can miss which the polishing pad can pick up.

After polishing you can glaze, it won't hurt, then wax or sealant. No need for both.

BG Clio 182
It'll come off when you polish it anyway.

Alternatively you can spray it with tardis.

Actually, i'd recommend decontaminating again to be honest, it could've picked anything up in 3 weeks

When I do cars, even if they're immacute, I still wash and decontaminate, you never know what you can miss which the polishing pad can pick up.

After polishing you can glaze, it won't hurt, then wax or sealant. No need for both.
Right so ill snowfoam it I reckon then, should I iron x again and Tardis the whole car again?

Is this like a good full decontamination? Would the glaze add anything after swirl removal? Ta mate.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I would... Iron x, tardis, quick going over with clay just to make sure.

I think it does. I'll see if I can dig out a pic... But as my camera is my phone, I'm not sure you'll tell much. In person though I think it adds a fair bit of depth and gloss prior to waxing.

Not the best pics but before

15137095489_4e0d63495a_b.jpg

After

15448827511_837ed579e9_b.jpg

You can see a slight increase in gloss and the orange peel has been 'smoothed' a bit

Last edited:
  BG Clio 182
I would... Iron x, tardis, quick going over with clay just to make sure.

I think it does. I'll see if I can dig out a pic... But as my camera is my phone, I'm not sure you'll tell much. In person though I think it adds a fair bit of depth and gloss prior to waxing.

Not the best pics but before

15137095489_4e0d63495a_b.jpg

After

15448827511_837ed579e9_b.jpg

You can see a slight increase in gloss and the orange peel has been 'smoothed' a bit
There is a decent difference there to be fair! Can you inflict scratches with a mild clay bar? Another matter that haha. I'll glaze too haha XD

BG Clio 182
You can marr the paint slightly if the panel is excessively contaminated, it'll be nothing compared to the swirls you'll be removing though
Yeah haha! My only slight worry is lack of a PDG I mean would I go through using the things I have? How many times can you polish till you f**k it?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Use an IPA wipedown like Gtechniq PW/Gyeon Prep or any IPA. that will strip the products. Or use a tar remover

Beaten up 182
Gtechniq PW is very good. I personally wouldn't rotary polish a car without taking paint depth readings first. I did a friends fiesta last summer and the bonnet and nearside wing were down to 70 microns due to a repair she knew nothing about.