ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wax

ep2
hey there, can any 1 recconmend a wax, which i don't need to apply and WAIT :dapprove: then buff off. I want some thin which i can just apply the wax and just buff it till it drys off. :)
cheers

106 GTi
Most Carnuba waxes are wipe on wipe off.

P21s
Pinnacle Souveran
Chemical Guys 50/50

are a few of my fave choices.

Sealants that you can do the same with.

Poorboys EX and EX-p
Jeffs Werkstatt Acyrillc Jett Trigger

106 GTi
Most pure Carnubas waxes are, though some do work better if applied to the whole car then removed. Meguiars #16 for example I will do a whole car side, then remove as it works better for me.

ep2
with the p21s how much do u us on a whole car, the tube looks like i will use it about 5 times and its finished lol

106 GTi
With paste waxes you use hardly any, one tub will last a year or so even using it every week.

Thin is the key, anything you wipe off is just wasted product.

Clio 172 Mk2
Rich, whats the look of p21s like compared to nattys blue? I'd been using nattys blue recently on my 172 cup up until using collinite for the winter but was thinking of giving the p21s a try. Does it give more pop than the nattys blue and do you think it would be better for the lighter colour of the cup?

106 GTi
I love P21s on any Blues to be honest, was my choice of wax all the time on my old Blue 306 and Miami Blue 205. On Mondial Blue it would be my wax of choice for the summer months.

Nattys Blue has a slightly wetter look, but the P21s gives a richer look, but still is very clear and glossy and wont mute the paint. Easier to use than the Nattys aswell.

Clio 172 Mk2
cool will get some ordered along with the jeffs acrylic trigger you recommended. I'm currently using meguiars speed glaze as my polish before wax rich cos i think it leaves a nice finish to wax straight onto. can you recommend anything that isnt as abrasive though for when i want to give it a quick go over, is klasse aio any good?

106 GTi
Klasse AIO will be needd if you go down the Jeffs AGT route as you will need this or there vesrion Prime for it to bond to.

A really nice paint cleaner/glaze to use before a wax is Clearkote Vannilla Moose Hand Glaze, this will be better than using 80 all the time.

Clio 172 Mk2
is this less abrasive than the speed glaze rich? Whats application like, is it easy to remove?

so you reckon klasse, jeffs, p21s would be a nice combo for the sealant route?

106 GTi
VM is super easy on and off, on of the easist products to use ever. It hardly has any cut in it at all, more of a paint cleaner than a polish.

Klasse AIO, Jeffs AJT and P21s would look great, but I would swap the P21s over winter for Megs #16 or Collinite.

Clio 172 Mk2
awesome! cheers rich i'll get some klasse and jeffs in stock then and top it with the collinite i have. should see me good until spring when i'll try the vm/p21s combo

Mito Sportiva 135
No mention of the XXX wax on here.... have to say that I have been very impressed with the results, especially for the money. Anyone else use it? I'm a bit of a CG ***** these days :rasp:

106 GTi
No mention of the XXX wax on here.... have to say that I have been very impressed with the results, especially for the money. Anyone else use it? I'm a bit of a CG ***** these days :rasp:

Never tried it, chuffed with the CG 50/50. but that's put away till the spring now.

106 GTi
Never tried it, chuffed with the CG 50/50. but that's put away till the spring now.

i thought you might say that ,glad you rate the 50/50 so highly

Hope to always have a can on my shelf - In the top 3 waxes I will always have in my stocks

Most Carnuba waxes are wipe on wipe off.

P21s
Pinnacle Souveran
Chemical Guys 50/50

are a few of my fave choices.

The 50/50 produces Souveran results for nearly half the price. Then well there is expensive Zymol Carbon, which a few on Autopia thought the 50/50 half looked better. I could not split them myself apart from the 50/50 is easier to use and a shed load cheaper.

The proof as they say is in the pudding

IMG_4914.jpg

Left side - Zymol Carbon, Right side - CG 50/50

Save your cash people ;)

IMG_4924.jpg