ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Waxybox chat thread

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
No leaking air freshener here :) but I'm not a fan of spiced pumpkin or whatever it is.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I like the air freshener think ill keep it the van.

Can't say I'm overly impressed this month though.

what flavour shampoo did you get? I got the lemon one and it smells epic!

also don't like the air freshener! Smells horrible

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Fcking air freshener. All my labels have dissolved. Ruined this box for me, poor show waxybox. Fuarking stinks too. Tis rotten.

Lol did you get the "trick" then?

Flol I did say earlier i feel sorry for the unlucky few

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol well there are 5 bottles of rotten smelling air freshness out there. Seems you had one of them.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I have it and if you've had no luck by the time I get home after work I'll take a pic and post it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone selling their nanolex trim stuff? I've been liking it for a while now. Good compromise.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It sits between the likes of revive and C4. Semi permanent if that makes sense. Can't compete with Dlux/C4.

Also, why has no onw come up with a permanent rubber restorer? A lot of trim is rubber and gel coatings work but not for long. C4 etc doesn't last on rubber.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Rubber as in splitters etc? C4 is amazing stuff, just hate how u get so little of it. Ill use the nanolex on my dads car then and try it out

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No, rubber as in the rubber that goes along the door window edge. It doesn't last. GT will admit it's not meant for rubber.

New look trim gel is awesome at darkening things, sadly it runs off in the rain!

Rubber as in splitters etc? C4 is amazing stuff, just hate how u get so little of it. Ill use the nanolex on my dads car then and try it out

Depends on your opinion of "little"... My entire car was C4'd, including the arches and under the bonnet. Still going strong two years on. How much semi-permanent trim restorer would you have got through in that time? Four times worth and C4 is what, double the price?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I used c4 on the clios window trim a few months back and it's held it's own. Looks as fresh as the day I put it on. I don't tend to wash the car with anything harsh apart from water and a light shampoo.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Depends on your opinion of "little"... My entire car was C4'd, including the arches and under the bonnet. Still going strong two years on. How much semi-permanent trim restorer would you have got through in that time? Four times worth and C4 is what, double the price?

Yeah, I agree it goes a long way but I want a 500 ml bottle of the stuff lol!

Yeah, I agree it goes a long way but I want a 500 ml bottle of the stuff lol!

Confused as to why fella. That'd either last you several decades (well, actually it wouldn't as it has a shelf life), or you'd spend two years applying to every car in the street! Manufacturers would struggle to get through 500ml!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I did two cars with the bottle I had. I realise it has a shelf life and crystallises after a while. I would have just preferred if it was either cheaper or I got more in the jar.

i will agree it's the best trim restorer I've used

I did two cars with the bottle I had. I realise it has a shelf life and crystallises after a while. I would have just preferred if it was either cheaper or I got more in the jar.

i will agree it's the best trim restorer I've used

Still confuddled. Are you saying it's too expensive, or you need more because you'd do more cars? If so, think they do a 50ml bottle for detailers! So that'd be 3+ cars.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure how that is possible. If anything it's cheap for what you get.

Agreed Kev. Working out on cost per ML, yes, it's very very expensive (£1.53 plays £0.03 for AF Revive). But factor in you'll use more per application of non-permanents, you'll do it at least every 8 weeks, they're more messy and time consuming to apply (in my opinion) and factor in the time you need, i.e reapplication every 6-8 weeks.

C4 is prep, apply, buff and leave. Beading is also far superior. I'll dig out the pic of the Panzer when I get a change. Side by side comparison.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It's my opinion, at no point did I say it was a poor product. It's probably the best product I've ever used. My only complaint is the price.

Being realistic its it's a blooming back to black product lol and look at the cost. I think most detailing things are way overpriced in general

It's my opinion, at no point did I say it was a poor product. It's probably the best product I've ever used. My only complaint is the price.

Being realistic its it's a blooming back to black product lol and look at the cost. I think most detailing things are way overpriced in general

I've not suggested you said it was a poor product. AF Revive is certainly not a poor product either. That's not the comparison here.

And no arguments on detailing products tending to be over priced, but people pay for quality and it's a captured market.

You can apply the same discussion to pretty much anything in life. Take a known unreliable manufacturer of vehicles and after three years, you'll wish the warranty was five. You take a more reliable manufacturer and it'll keep trucking far longer, but the price point is higher.

Tit for tat. What do you want, cheaper but buy twice - more expensive, buy once ;)