ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WDTV Mini

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
First of all, what a fantastic piece of kit! £44 and it's worth a lot more than that to me anyway!

Secondly, what's the dealio with the .mkv capabilities? I know it doesn't have full HD but I'm sure it's HD ready? Few people saying it doesn't play .mkv, a few people saying it definitely does. Some say it can play 720p but not 1080p mkvs, or just 480ps.

Can anyone clarify this for me? I don't have an HD TV so that's why I bought this and not it's big brother, but want to show the father-in-law on his HDTV and don't want to look like a diddy.

Cheers

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Ok can confirm it doesn't play 720p .mkv files. :(

Giving up with the .mkv, the official file list doesn't contain .mkv support, although a lot of people say they play .mkvs.

Note also that currently there is no custom firmware released so there MUST be a way of playing a certain type. :(

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah just get a wdtv or wdtv live (has network support), they play pretty much anything.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Well you should have bought the big brother doofus. Are you never going to upgrade to a proper tv?