ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Web design assistance

Bumblebee
Ok, i have bought my own domain name, mainly for hosting my own pictures and the odd blog (geek!)

Anyway I have very basic knowledge of how to build a web page, and I am looking for some free basic web developing software, just so i can photos and write some text.

Are there any good ftp software packages also?

Thanks in advance:)

Flashfxp for ftp client, personally
WordPress for contentmanagement/blog software
Photoshop also has a nice gallery creator built in too iirc

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
you might be best off installing and using a blogger like wordpress mate.

saves fukin about designing from scratch and there are loads of add-ons and themes you can use and its free to use too. you just need to install it on your webspace.

Formally Clio 182
If you use firefox, you can get a FREE ftp addon to upload your stuff to the web called FireFTP. Google It.

For a FREE graphic package theres something called GIMP. Google It.

For a FREE WYSIWYG web design program there NVU. Google It.

Of course you can always fork out £1000+ for the software. If so, thats called Adobe Creative Studio or something.

Agree with the above. Fireftp is pretty good and gimp is good also.

Don't agree with wysiwg's though and I use the SciTE editor at scintilla.org.

If you know f*ck all though, it's best to just download a CMS (Content Management System). Saves having to learn anything and there'll be mods you can install n stuff

Bumblebee
downloaded the zip file, extracted it but all the files are php.s etc and aren't recognised by the computer. Thought there would be a simple install program for idiots like me...

downloaded the zip file, extracted it but all the files are php.s etc and aren't recognised by the computer. Thought there would be a simple install program for idiots like me...

Nah there's no need to edit any of the files, apart from the config file.

Basically upload all the files to your webspace.

I take it you have a database?

Bumblebee
hmm, i dont have a feckin clue tbh. No idea how to upload them, dont suppose you fancy doin it for a small fee? lol