ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Web Design Help?

clio 1.8 16v
hello there,

Just designed my first static web page in dreamweaver 2004 on my power mac g5, uploaded my images in managable jpeg format wich work fine to view on safari but throw up a blank box if viewed on a PC using explora, why is this? please help

clio 1.8 16v
a have viewed it on another mac at work, and that is fine, does that mean that the jpegs are uploaded properly?

ps this is my first ever web page

Not a Clio
Can't really go wrong with uploading files. If you can view them, then they have been uploaded.

I haven't got IE but if you have a link I'll take a look.

Black Twingo GT
Another tip. Don't put Images (flairlogo.ai.jpg) in your root, create a sub directory and path them, this makes it easier to manage.

I agree ^^ though "flairlogo.ai.jpg" as not a correct name, get rid of the . and replace with _ flairlogo_ai.jpg or something.

Another thing, on the pink book page, the source says your image is called "pink%20book.jpg" this has a space in it (%20). Don't put spaces in file names.

Try to limit the size of your pages to a common size such as 800x600. And don't use frames (though I can see you haven't)

...a few tips there!

Dan

Last edited:
  Not a Clio
Na, it's not the file name. I just downloaded it, renamed it but FF still gives the same error.

Edit: Strange, I opened your image in The Gimp and it's blue, not the colours you have it(?) Also when I re-saved it, it now works.

Apart from the colours changing I cannot see any difference between the 2 images.

Last edited:
  Not a Clio
Seen a post on the same issue, apparently in Photoshop (your meta info says you are using photoshop) you need to choose "Save for Web" instead of just "Save".

306 TD Slut
cant see an image when i view it in IE7.

Dont use spaces in file names, ever, if you want to create a space between works in the filename then use an under score _ as said above.

and put all images in a sub folder, named images.

basically, what everyone said above

Rav4
Same.

Dont use spaces in file names, ever, if you want to create a space between works in the filename then use an under score _ as said above.

rename the file and it will be fine :)

Do it now !! Do it !!

Not a Clio
Same.

rename the file and it will be fine :)

Do it now !! Do it !!

As per my reply a few posts back, renaming it won't fix the problem ;)

clio 1.8 16v
thanks for all the advice am sure i will have another bunch of problems in the next couple of days. i will sort the web page out tonight for ppls viewing pleasure.

ta again

Make sure you've uploaded the image in the right format. Should make sure you've uploaded the images as binary, not ascii