ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Web form help

Cupra
As there are loads of people who design sites here, I was hoping that somebody might have an answer for what I need.

I need to create a web form with two parts, but Google is not really delivering the goods so I am obviously not looking for the right terms or the functionality that I want cannot be done.

Functional requirements:

1) User enters data into a webform. The data is stored to a database and email sent (This part is fairly straightforward).

2) A second line user receives the email and can then bring up the data record in another form and edit another field which is added to the initial record in the database, or on another table if need be.

Is this possible (and easy) to do?

Cupra
I've found some applications which make simple database driven web apps. I'll have a play with them as my knowledge of PHP and ASP is almost nill.

Cupra
Thanks for the offer. I've done it with one of the apps. Its creates the front end for the database with a couple of clicks with user security levels etc. Easy. :)

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
What exactly is it for Andy? I need to create something similar at the minute.

What App did you manage to find?

Cupra
It was to test a possible workflow.

Agent1 answers the phone, takes some basic information from the caller
Agent2 opens the form, completes the fields that Agent1 cannot see or edit and finishes the job.
Supervisor can pull off a report of who has done what and what remains outstanding etc.

There are a couple of different apps I found. CBL Web application builder and ASP Maker were both fairly simple to use.