ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

web page help

clio 1.8 16v
hi guys
im doing a web site in dreamweaver 2004, i need help making the page viewable on all screens, i think its somthing to do with using percent instead of pixels so it resizes to fit browsers on all viewing computers but cant seem to find anywhere to enter that change??

anyone talk me through it as am a stressed! :mad:

cheers

clio 1.8 16v
just so it fits on most screens as when i tried it at work it seemed kike there was alot of space around the white box and i had to scroll alot, it is hard as im working on a 20" flat screen so it looks fine for me but when others view it the main area is cropped

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
using tab les isnt the best route really, just means loads of extra code and properties.

but to get the page to expand depending on the users screen, you need to change the width values to % instead.

you could have it 100% width, with margins of say 20px or something either side.

Personaly I like it as it is. I think pages look good with a fixed width, that way you know exactly how its going to look.

Just make the width about 780px so it fits nicely on all screen sizes

Rav4
:)

Perfect answer,

Sorry I did not reply after, had to go out and fix something urgently.

Thanks.

using tab les isnt the best route really, just means loads of extra code and properties.

but to get the page to expand depending on the users screen, you need to change the width values to % instead.

you could have it 100% width, with margins of say 20px or something either side.

Personaly I like it as it is. I think pages look good with a fixed width, that way you know exactly how its going to look.

Just make the width about 780px so it fits nicely on all screen sizes