ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

webroot anyone use them

just had a very good demo from them trying to get us to move from messagelabs and scansafe and i think we will as its ALOT cheaper and seemingly ALOT better

but anyone use it ?

Just deployed an Evaluation of their Mail/Scanning - Business Contingency tool yesterday. So far so good.

We use them for filtering web content for school children too and it seems pretty robust.

The reporting functionality can prove a little bit clumsy but if the trial works and offers us what it says it can then we'll use it.

Rav4
Used them for URL filtering, not the best really.

Looking for alternative solutions.

Emails we use google spam / postini.....

webroot dont just use sophos their av is 6 different scan engines and 1 huristic one iirc spam was 3/4 different filters

cost for the entire service for 3 years is almost 600k for 2200 people

Clio 172 Ph1
webroot dont just use sophos their av is 6 different scan engines and 1 huristic one iirc spam was 3/4 different filters

cost for the entire service for 3 years is almost 600k for 2200 people

So, if my calculations are correct we are talking £90 per user, per year for E-Mail Security & URL Filtering?

Whats the split of the costs for E-Mail vs. URL within that £90?

So, if my calculations are correct we are talking £90 per user, per year for E-Mail Security & URL Filtering?

Whats the split of the costs for E-Mail vs. URL within that £90?

thats for evrything they offer inc archiving deep content scanning advanced encryption image filtering

for the base product thst offeres more than we get from message labs now it costs 58k opposed to 99l with messagelabs

Clio 172 Ph1
thats for evrything they offer inc archiving deep content scanning advanced encryption image filtering

for the base product thst offeres more than we get from message labs now it costs 58k opposed to 99l with messagelabs

It's interesting, I can't comment on the URL side of things as I work on the E-Mail side for a vendor that does E-Mail only.

Typically, what I see and hear on a day-to-day basis is that MessageLabs are particually good; they were for a long time the hosted security market leaders and to an extent still are, but seemed to have stopped developing their product instead choosing to OEM bolt-ons (i.e. Fortiva for Archiving, Dell's MessageOne etc... for Continuity). With that approach, the chances are they will begin to lose market share quite quickly as products / service which came to market latter experience the benefit of being a more futureproof product / service.

On the flipside, Webroot / Websense are typically seen as cheap and cheerful. That's not to say they aren't good at what they do - they wouldn't have a business if they weren't.

I was just surprised at their costs, as for Webroot it seems quite expensive as does the 99k agreement you currently have with MessageLabs.

In the interests of full disclosure, my question was slightly loaded. I work for a competitor (in a roundabout way) on the E-Mail side. There's been a few posts on here about us one from a current client and another from a reseller.

We are typically on the face of it one of the most expensive providers in the market, though when the numbers are crunched often prove to be one of the most cost-effective once additional benefits and costs are both considered.

To give you an indication, for E-Mail Security including AV/AS, Data Leak Prevention (content control), attachment management and continuity (web portal for Notes/Groupwise or seamlessly integrated within Outlook if Exchange) you would be looking at £25 - £30 per user, per year.

For full Archiving with bottomless storage, you are looking at a further £25 - £30 per user, per year.

If you are interested in investigating further, feel free to PM me and I can explain in more detail, or put you in touch with a relevant colleague.