ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

website building grrrr

Black 172 MK2
well iv been wanting to have a go for a while now and what with the up keep of my parents villa site i think iv learnt some very basic bits along the way. I have dreamweaver but iv d/l BLueVoda as its ment to be very easy and a good place to start and can also be transfered into DW. Anyone used this as im just playing around and its not as easy as it makes outs lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
if ya gonna get into it peroperly, then i would advise to learn the hard way. code it all by hand. xhtml and css is the way forward. You can do pretty much anything with it in terms of designing, and it keeps your websites code to a minimum, and as a result, cleaner faster loading web pages that are highy cross browser compatible and meet the latest web standards.

If you learn this way, you will have a lot more knowledge than using tools that do the work for you, and your code will do as you tell it to, not what an application tells it to do (which is why you end up with bulky messy code, that only works in IE).

Its not that difficult once you get your head around it. i picked it up from knowing very little in around 6 months.

Im in the middle of this at at the mo.

One big tip....avoid using tables for layout. its a easy way out at first, but they are bad news, and and up causing more problems than they are worth!

good luck! :D