ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Website hosting - Reseller/unlimited accounts?

I currently have a reseller/unlimited hosting account with EUK, and have done since 2008.

The last few months I've had nothing but problems. Downtime, blocked mail IPs, corrupt files, disabled PHP scripts, emails going missing, and I'm going mental.

I am literally tearing my hair out to them today.

I need a new host. But every review I read, there are a few bad ones which puts me off.

I need;

• UK servers
  • Unlimited / reseller / multiple domains
  • 24/7 support (phone or live chat)
  • GREAT uptime with NO problems
I'm currently looking at

• 123-reg (I buy all domains from the anyway)
  • Just Hosts (not sure if UK servers)
  • 1 and 1

Cheers for the links so far.

There are so many to choose from, and reviews that contradict each other.

I just want a UK company, that are good.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
As I said VPS.net are great. Really good support and you can easily scale what you need.

And since it's cloud hosted it never goes down. EVAR.

LY 182
Sorry I can't help much, I only use US based hosting.

I'd avoid 1 and 1 though.

Couple that come to mind are Web Fusion / Rackspace.

I need UK servers, due to SEO. It helps towards showing you're a UK based company, with a UK IP address.

I didn't say, I'd like dedicated too. Not shared hosting, which is one of the reasons I'm moving (currently shared).

Bus w**ker
So you don't want a reseller account then. You want a dedicated box. Helladifference.

MKV R32
used to have a reseller acount with fasthosts

Never had problems and the interface is really nice to use. They also have a very good live chat for reseller accounts.

I'm in talks with VPS.net now, but the lack of telephone/live chat is off putting.

When I've got an issue, I like to have it dealt with ASAP, not waiting for emails.

Cupra
Just as a word of warning to anybody thinking about it, don't go with justhost. They offer a cheap rate to hook you, but come renewal time, they really bend you over. You can just move everything to a new host of course.

C.J what kind of websites will you need? vps.net is good too.

Thanks,

G

http://www.heartinternet.co.uk/reseller-hosting/

The sites don't demand much at all. PHP and SQL, nothing major.

Currently, all emails to @gmail are being blocked (IP has been blocked afaik), which is very frustrating when trying to reply to clients.

I'm planning on changing today, but live chat / telephone chat is really important for me, as I don't want to hang around waiting for emails/tickets to be looked at.

Fast Hosts VPS seems to be the best choice yet. 24/7 support, 2 x dedicated IPs, plenty of storage.

Rav4

Currently, all emails to @gmail are being blocked (IP has been blocked afaik), which is very frustrating when trying to reply to clients.

I'm planning on changing today, but live chat / telephone chat is really important for me, as I don't want to hang around waiting for emails/tickets to be looked at.

Fast Hosts VPS seems to be the best choice yet. 24/7 support, 2 x dedicated IPs, plenty of storage.

Cool.

Let us know how you get on :)

Never used Fast Hosts, so would be good to get your view. Website requirements are standard so that's good. Glad you chose UK servers too :)

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Vidahost.

Amazingly good/English/knowledgeable customer service and have always been great to me.

I've been with these guys for a few years, they're awesome. Host around 35 sites with them and never really had a huge problem.

LY 182

SEO and only 2 ips? :(

SEO and only 2 ips? :(

Are there any proven results in having a dedicated IP for each domain? Remember, my tactics are legit ;)

All my sites are currently sharing a single IP (shared reseller), with 952 domains :eek:, and I'm still on page 1 for every search term, and position 1-2 for 60% of these.

Once all my sites are on a dedicated IP, it'll be interesting to see if I have an improvement on rankings.

Rav4
Are there any proven results in having a dedicated IP for each domain? Remember, my tactics are legit ;)

All my sites are currently sharing a single IP (shared reseller), with 952 domains :eek:, and I'm still on page 1 for every search term, and position 1-2 for 60% of these.

Once all my sites are on a dedicated IP, it'll be interesting to see if I have an improvement on rankings.

You and I need to join forces :)

LY 182
Yes there is definitely a benefit to having a multiple ip's. Even better to have them spread across different C blocks. Whether you're working to Google's guidelines or not that's a basic SEO advantage.

I don't know if you happen to interlink any of your sites. If you do, then it's much better to have Site A getting a link from Site B that isn't on the same ip address. For obvious reasons.

Now I'm not saying you need to go full scale with a dedicated server that has an SSD and 100 ip addresses (ahem), but you should definitely consider your options.