ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wedding photography costs

182 Cup
How much should I be looking to pay for a wedding photographer? Or how much did you pay for one?

german
Payed £600 at mates rates for the full day (bride preparation through to 10pm)
Do you want them to produce an album? If so, how many photos? What quality? etc etc
What sort of shots are you going for - contemporary or traditional line-ups etc?
Make sure you have access to the full set of pictures.
Some of the people we interviewed were having a laugh 1.3k including a 40 shot album, premium for extra photos - worked out at 3k in total for 100 photo album.
Most important thing is to find somebody you get on with, makes a huge difference.

Mini Cooper S
My brother is a London based photographer and he can travel.
I'll get his website later...

Just make sure you pick someone good. Someone very good.

Check out their albums, speak to their previous clients etc. This isn't something you get a second go at.

Too many people get an SLR and then think they can do it. They can't. They just look s**t. But for someone really good, you're taking thousands. You get what you pay for.

A ANIMAL
Inferno: My Mrs is a photographer, has done weddings etc and is local - obvs.

i can negotiate a good rate for you if you like? ;)

"Navy" N17 TWO
I got my first wedding last year, not the whole 9 yards just a few shots in a registry office.

They just wanted some prints (40) afterwards - gave me £170 and they were more than pleased, got me back again to get extra prints too

Inferno 182 CUP
Just make sure you pick someone good. Someone very good.

Check out their albums, speak to their previous clients etc. This isn't something you get a second go at.

Too many people get an SLR and then think they can do it. They can't. They just look s**t. But for someone really good, you're taking thousands. You get what you pay for.

what he said

too many chancers call themselves wedding togs - the good ones are worth the extra premium for a reason

2014 Focus Titanium
I can recommend Simon Revill, he is based in Sheffield but will travel most places. He did our last year and being "in to my photography" I booked him 2.5 years in advance after about 3 months of looking!

He costs about £2000 but does an amazing job and produces simply beautiful photos.

Simon Revill Photography

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You also need to factor in copyright on the images, a cheaper photographer may well retain copyright and will not provide you with the original high resolution images, you'll then have to order all prints through them, probably at a high premium per image.

We're now at the point of looking for a photographer for our wedding, fortunately I know of a truly excellent photographer who've I met previously at a party and I've seen plenty of his work. Not cheap, not expensive and we retain the copyright on the images, he always supplies his clients with the hires images.