ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weight Saving Tips

O4 Dynamique
Right, I want to save some weight in my MK2 PH2, has anyone got any little tips for me?

Any help with this would be really appreciated.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
eaay mods:

1) - remove all junk - glove box, boot, door pockets etc

2) - lift our rear seat bases and unused head rests

3) - spare wheel/jack etc - when was the last time you had a puncture?
(carry can of foam)

Total saving close to 50kg or equivalent to 5bhp on a typical one tonne Clio with 100bhp!

Meg on pistonheads £6995
from then on it's more difficult to return to original quickly

My spare seats are permanently in the garage - the seats belts still work so forced my niece to sit in the back on the metal on her fleece when I picked her up once!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
from then on it's more difficult to return to original quickly

My spare seats are permanently in the garage - the seats belts still work so forced my niece to sit in the back on the metal on her fleece when I picked her up once!

I took 3 friends home in the back of mine when I didn't have any form of rear seats.

That one was a laugh!

If you don't carry passengers, take the passenger seat out.

Infact, the passenger seat weighs more than the rear bench, so take that out and you can still have 3 passengers!!

also means you dont have to act as taxi for all you uni friends on a night out if you have only one seat in the car ;)

jamie

1.2 16v
u should strip the back end out, and glove box, never fill up ur car, i managed 48kg on mine, and worked out a 3.9bhp increase/ton

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
what not to remove to save weight:
drivers seat (& driver)
pedal assy
front wipers
reduce all fluids ie;
engine oil,brake fluid,screenwash,coolant
steering wheel
wheel bolts( 2 per wheel)
windscreen
underpants

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Surely taking a big s**t before you go out would do the same as that....

carpet in a 182 is supprisingly heavy tho!

I put mine on the scales at work and it weighed 12.4 kgs with the front rubber mats included, and they weighed 3 kgs alone.

That's not far off the weight of a spare wheel.

If you get as far as I have, it makes more of a difference, as you're removing a proportionately larger piece.