ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weight Saving

06 1.2 16v
Firstly i wasn't sure which area to put this, so if a mod would help out, thanks.

Right iv'e got a 1.2, ive realised i cannot make it faster through any form of engine mod so iv'e decided to make it as light as possible after reading on here that it's the only way to get a slight increase in performance.

Iv'e taken out the rear bench, spare wheel, tool kit and parcel shelf and although not much weight at all it feels like its got a little more go.

I was wondering what would be WORTH taking out next, bearing in mind i can't go mad as its under warranty!

Iv'e got a set of lightweight 15's on the way and i hope to lose the heavy front seats soon as well for some light buckets, any advice?

80MPG BEEZA
get a racing battery there about £100 you'll save 4-6kg? there matey take the rest of the junk out of the back you wont believe how heavy all the seat belts and tensioners way!

80MPG BEEZA
ohh and i'm trying to get some imola s's from cobra but they wont send me any adaption plates aparently some lads had an acident and the seats ripped clean off the subframe and his sueing them

Lionel Richie
well thats what happens when you make them out of mild steel, they're welded together by Stevie Wonder, do you want us to make you some?

80MPG BEEZA
well thats what happens when you make them out of mild steel, they're welded together by Stevie Wonder, do you want us to make you some?

aii fred that'll be mint if you can knock me 2 pairs up, how much? cobras is £50 for the both pairs :D no going through the window for me

RB 200 Cup!
so if ktec says a carbon bonnet saves 6kg and it only saves 3kg int that soem kinda false advertising?

80MPG BEEZA
i'm sure they've actually removed any info on how much weight it actually saves not that its that important it does save some weight but most of all it looks good :)

Tangoed Works
So are cobra subframes s**t then? Sounds a bit dodge to me, dont want the worst to happen should some one trash me.

CTR--VX220D
....Hence why Cobra require photgraphic evidence of your seats, and the manufacturing sticker that is applied and filled out on them, with them leaning next to your car with reg plate showing, etc. ... and thats before they will even think about fabricating your subrames.