ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird and strange facts about clio's.

Focus ST
There is a Clio saloon.....and no its not a sodding photoshop!
Known as the RNA

small_W3O8U1W2T7clio%5B1%5D.jpg
clio-symb-test-06-3.jpg
clio-symb-test-05-3.jpg

they have these in Turkey! I was appalled! 1 because I was in Turkey :)dead: ) and 2 a saloon clio! I got my gf at the time to take pics because I couldnt believe my eyes!

alien green rs133
There is a Clio saloon.....and no its not a sodding photoshop!
Known as the RNA

small_W3O8U1W2T7clio%5B1%5D.jpg
clio-symb-test-06-3.jpg
clio-symb-test-05-3.jpg

they have these in Turkey! I was appalled! 1 because I was in Turkey :)dead: ) and 2 a saloon clio! I got my gf at the time to take pics because I couldnt believe my eyes!

i also took pictures of one in spain, they take you by surprise "look a clio......WITH A BOOT WTF!!!!!!!1111!!!??/!?!?2!!!:S "

ALSO: clio can be made into clito with some dodgey halfords bodging

Megane Mk4
Over 8.5 million Clio's have been produced since 1991 (four million Clio MkI and 4.5 million Clio MkII since 1998)

850,000 were sold in the uk, 75% of the buying brits, bought the three door version instead of the five door, giving us in the Uk the 'Va Va Voom' sporty image stigma, which because of this fact alone, made Renault produce the clio 'Va Va Voom' image for the uk when advertising the standard clio, 172 mk2 and the 182.

Last edited:
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i have owned 3 clios

and on a short trip from mcdonalds to my house last sat me and my brother counterd 11 clios to 9 corsas

Bumder With A Buffer
The Clio was introduced at the Paris Motor Show in the autumn of 1990 and began sales in France soon after, although sales in the rest of Europe did not begin until March 1991

ph2 172
if u pull both electric window buttons (on drivers side) at the same time your hazard lights flash, yet if u turn on the indicators and pull both window buttons up it wont happen again.

But....... if u turn on the indicators and pull both window buttons up, then turn off indicator and then pull both window buttons up the hazards will flash once more!

although this might be just on my clio!

n2x

e60/f10
Clios are actually awd but since it breaks after a couple of hundred miles after the car is bought, noone ever finds out.

Lots of Alfas
Not really wierd or strange but more interesting. I found this out when I was doing a project on the Clio V6 at college.

The Clio V6 was developed by Renaultsport and TWR (the same guys that designed and engineered the jag XJ220). There were 3 black prototypes built in sweden by british, swedish and renaultsport engineers. One ended up on ebay a few years back, (I nearly bought it) I think the other 2 were scrapped. I beleive most of the v6mk1s were made in sweden in the same factory they made the volvo c70 (the bodyshells and bits were shipped from france). When Renaultsport decided to do the mk2 V6, they got help from Porcshe to sort out the handling (them being the xperts on rwd rear engined cars). IIRC they also got porsche to tweak the engine for the extra bhp. By then they decided to make the mk2 in the rs factory in dieppe because twr had gone bankrupt and it was also cheaper.

willy 2, v6 ph1, 5 turbo.
i think she was in the film "from hell" with jonny depp, she had a small part.

Megane 230 R26
apparently a clio sport can have any car in the twisties so ive heard

Nah that's only the Trophy ;)

Fact - apparently the French don't like sunroofs and Clios being sold with them is almost exclusive to Britain. Also, not having a sunroof could save your life in an accident (from my own observations).

williams and trophy
it has taken reno almost 14 years to try to replicate the power and poise of their best hot hatch to date.......the williams ;)

53 Clio's & counting
it has taken reno almost 14 years to try to replicate the power and poise of their best hot hatch to date.......the williams ;)

jon actually was built by renault along side the production line the williams was built on lol ;)