ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird Colour 182 Spotted

1.2 16v Dynamique
Swervin_Mervin said:
It was in a coppery brown colour. Never seen one that colour before.

Yeah I have seen a Cup in the colour you have described, sort of a Terracota colour, going around the Brighton area....:D

The Jinx
Must've been a colour option on the 182 Cup because there's a couple come up if you search autotrader for orange 182s.

182 Cups only come in inferno and racing blue. Full fats come in black gold, inferno, racing blue, arctic blue, platinum silver, liquid yellow, petrol blue

Cam

182 Cup
like this? same crappy camera, different time of day.

Attachments

• P1010035 (Small).JPG
    P1010035 (Small).JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 66
  • P1010029 (Small).JPG
    P1010029 (Small).JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 71
  Beetle
^mate they're all inferno even though they're advertised as orange, its the lighting that does it.

Yup tis inferno, Its one of those colours that looks totally different in different lights. Renault did not offer the 182 in another shade of orange/rust colour. Some of the phase 1 Mk2 non RS' came in a dark copper shade of colour but not the 172/182s

The Jinx
But I pass a Trophy everday that's blatantly red. This, in over cast conditions, was definitely orange. More like a browny orange.

Must be my eyes after staring at a computer all day.:S

Sounds to me like inferno in a dodgy light tbh.
I have also noticed that it looks really different in pics to what it does in real life.

106 GTi
The beauty of the Renault paint on the 182's look differnt in certain lights, Inferno looks different in every light unfortunatley in some it looks rusty bronze!

Swervin_Mervin said:
But I pass a Trophy everday that's blatantly red. This, in over cast conditions, was definitely orange. More like a browny orange.

Must be my eyes after staring at a computer all day.:S

The Trophy is red, Capsicum red to be precise. Because its so much better than all the other Clios Renault painted it in a special colour so it would stand out from it's slower mass produced siblings.

Black/Gold 182
I've wasn't really taken with the Inferno colour, reminds me of the orange vans the council used to have when I was a kid.

133/225/CLS AMG
I've got an inferno Megane 225 and in certain lights it doesn't look like a metallic colour.
When it was delivered the guy driving the transporter wrote it down as a 'teracotta' (if thats how you spell it) colour!!

Inferno looks like all sorts of colour dependent on the light conditions.

Focus ST
It's hard to explain unless you've seen Inferno close up in different lights, but when clean the colour really can be stunning, especially in low evening sunlight.

Sometimes on overcast days when the car isn't clean it can look a bit dull and terracotta like - so I just make sure it's kept clean!

The Jinx
Confusion now over. I thought the Trophy's were Inferno. If they're Capsicum then that explains it.

They all look sh*t anyway, unless there's a white one knocking about.;)

chiefsilverback said:
The Trophy is red, Capsicum red to be precise. Because its so much better than all the other Clios Renault painted it in a special colour so it would stand out from it's slower mass produced siblings.

yeah its such a special colour that renault used the old paint code from the Mk2 Ph1, where you could have your 1.2 8v in capsicum red.

Therefore you've just made a fool of yourself :rasp:

1.2 16v Dynamique
My gf knows where it parks in Brighton I'll try get a pic of it when I'm down there the weekend and post it up, it is def a weird colour...

fUbAr said:
yeah its such a special colour that renault used the old paint code from the Mk2 Ph1, where you could have your 1.2 8v in capsicum red.

Therefore you've just made a fool of yourself :rasp:

I didn't realise there were non Renault Sport versions available, what would any one want with one of those!?!? ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Mayb it was resprayed! ;)

The Vee comes in Bronze i think and primer i think....Horrendous colours.

Ph2 172
My Trophy is often seen looking terracotta/brown if it's been a bit wet and i've been round a few country lanes! Or could have been you were wearing some sunglasses mate. My Oakleys make everything look like it's covered in tea.

cat171 said:
Sounds to me like inferno in a dodgy light tbh.
I have also noticed that it looks really different in pics to what it does in real life.

No I wouldnt agree wth that. Inferno photographs pretty well. It's just that it never looks the same twice anyway.