ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird electrical problem, lights flashing

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
My son just came round in his ph1 Clio 1.2 and when he presses the brakes the dash lights up and the headlights flash as does the rear bumper reg plate light? Any ideas?

1.2 16v clio
i have got this current problem and i have asked a few friends and they have said its a ground problem.... but i remember fixing this on a friends fiesta that was doing the same and his rear light cluster was shorting out on the connectors so i would say check both as for you its probs easy to get to me on the other hand i have a huge boot build in the way haha

Corsa SXi
I had the same problem, luckily found some repair kit connectors on some rear lights from a Clio at a scrap yard, put them on my rear light clusters and all the electrical problems that were wrong with my car stopped, and everything worked fine

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Be carefully wire brushing the rear connectors as there's a live in the loom but yes, it's a poor earth causing the common problem.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Well just took both rear clusters off no corrosion didn't have any wd40 so will have to try the above tomorrow, started pouring with rain too.