ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird Engine Noise

RB 182
Hi Guys,

About two weeks ago I had my cam belt & aux belt changed. This was due to a leaking cam shaft seal. The old belts were about 15,000 miles old but had got a little oil etc on them so it was not a good idea to put them back on.

The work was carried out at a local garage, I was not comfortable driving the car far with oil leaking on the cam belt :/

The garage had carried out a cam belt change on cliosports before and had the correct renault tools.

Initially the work seemed pretty good, but now the engine is becoming noisey on idle it sounds like a diesel when cold there is also a a fairly high pitched whine. the engine sounds better as it warms up.

here is a video of the engine starting up from cold this morning.

http://vimeo.com/20094826

Is this something to worry about?

Could it be related to the cam belt work?

it sounded fine before I took it to the garage, but this could just be coincidence?

... im guessing you're going to say.... dephaser! but it seems better when warm.