ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird images left on desktop..Help

Arctic Blue FF 182
Hi all,

After a bit of advice or answers. Every now and again a click option doesn't disappear after it has been clicked. Can be seen in the picture below. If I open new programs or close programs, it just stays on the top all the time.

If I say, lock my laptop, then sign back in, it will disappear. This can appear anywhere on the screen, not just where it is on the image below.

What causes it? I'm guessing graphics card?

Thanks in advance

James

ghosticon.jpg

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Forgot about that bit ;)

Try and kill off some of the apps you've got running too, way too many things open in the systray

Arctic Blue FF 182
How/Why are you still on Vista, it's horrible!

and to the above, kill off explorer.exe in task manager as said, then just file -> run and type in explorer to get it back!

Because I haven't thought about/ had time to move to Windows 7. How easy/ expensive is it too do?

Forgot about that bit ;)

Try and kill off some of the apps you've got running too, way too many things open in the systray

I'm pretty computer literate, just don't always understand the technical terms. You talking about all the icons in the bottom right hand corner? or the programs along the bottom task bar?:eek:

He means the stuff in the bottom right.

I start getting upset if there's more than 2 icons in that tray (on top of the usual sound and network icons).

Arctic Blue FF 182
Just been through and deleted the programs which I no longer want and stopped most of the others from running on start up which produce an icon down there.
Also finally removed that sodding Yahoo search bit.