ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

weird insurance rule

CLS, RS MEG
I have just obtained a quotation for my modified renault clio.

I said the vehicle has stiffer suspension from standard.

The lady on the phone said: "We cannot insure lowered suspension, however 'stiffer' suspension is allowed as it does not mention it in their 'not allowed' policy regarding suspension.

I expressed my dumb concern, as lowered suspension could be classed as stiffer suspension, but me not knowing anything about cars, I was OK to obtain a quote from their prospective, saying that the vehicle has stiffer suspension. Which means i have noted the change to the policy

What are your opinions.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
which insurance company was it....... was the call centre an India call centre, it it was then they havent got a clue what they are on about they just follow a script!

RB 182 Cup
dodgy. guesing you do have lower suspension to standard? cos if this is so, you arnt really telling the truth to them..

CLS, RS MEG
I bought the car as it is. I don't know whats been done to it. All i was told by the previous owner is the vehicle has stiffer suspension. I told this to the insurance company and they were happy to quote, regardless of my lack of knowledge. If they were unsure, wouldnt they send out an insurance accessor to check for me?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Nah, It's no skin of their bak, they'll insure you, then if you bang it, probably tell you ur policy is void!!!

CLS, RS MEG
"The following ammendments have been noted on your policy"
-Aftermarket alloy wheels
_Renaultsport bodykit
-Exhaust/ manifold changes
-Stiffer suspension
-Interior changes

(they cant turn round and say you didnt tell us about it)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Thats true, but if they find the car to be lower than std, they could argue that!!

CLS, RS MEG
I think its just a similar risk to the -cup suspension- argument some people have been having. Im happy to go ahead. Cheers for the replys