ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird noise left front

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
I have a strange noise which sounds as though its coming from the left front end of the car.

Cars a Clio 182 and the noise I can only describe as two paving slabs sliding over each other and it only happens once within the first say mile of driving the car and sounds a lot worse if I take a roundabout at speed.

Ive no idea as to where to start with this. Anyone have an idea as to what it could be?

I did take the front bumper off a while back to fix a leaking washer jet but I'm sure I fitted it back properly and thats the only thing I can think of but may not be related.

Thanks

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Could be a million and one things, hard to say without having a look.

Sure it isn't something simple like your wheel scraping on the arch liner? Could happen if something's come loose when you put everything back together.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Could be a million and one things, hard to say without having a look.

Sure it isn't something simple like your wheel scraping on the arch liner? Could happen if something's come loose when you put everything back together.

That would be my first thing to check too. There might have been some fouling of debris stuck in the wheel arch too - that you may have run over/caught?

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Thanks guys - Ill check the arch liner.

Does seem a bit strange though that it only happens once within say the first mile of driving.

monaco 172
Thanks guys - Ill check the arch liner.

Does seem a bit strange though that it only happens once within say the first mile of driving.
Mine was the Same, it was as if wind from driving would dislodge it after driving a certain distance.

When I checked it it wasn't touching, it was the melted arch liner that gave it away so u tie wrapped it well in position and problem solved