ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird Problem any Ideas pleaseee!!

1.4 Dynamique
Now people, I left a thread yesterday about a cd player not working. Well today i went to halffords and bought a jvc headunit took it to the car plugged it in again sounds lke it powers up ( an eject noise) but nothing when i press power. If i pressed display button it would light up for a few seconds then go off.
I took it back in and a halfords fitter came out had a look thought it was faulty, replaced it did the same so he changed a few wires.. again still the same he tried them in store and they came on he was stumped. He then said to try a kenwood so I bought a kenwood one again sounds like it comes on but nothing when i press the power button he didnt have a clue why this had happend.
If i put my orignal renault cassette player in it works fine so I dont see why I cant even get a new one to power up!
Don't know if htis will help but a few months ago a penny fell into my cigerette lighter and it now doesn't work since then my original cassette player has "beeped" and switches itself off every so often as if it thinks i have left it on without the engine running maybe this is the cause of the problem? or could the fuse have gone I dont know just thought id mention it. Any help is appreciated guys
Tom.

Failing that, check all your wiring behind the cd player, as iirc the cigarette lighter wire comes up to join the cd player wires going towards the fuse box

1.4 Dynamique
just to let you know that i checked the fuses and it had blown, changed it and there it was came on. Only thing is a spindal had came off inside the cd player , so had to take it apart and a spring popped off just trying to put it back together its such a hassel! but thanks alot for your help!!!:D

1.4 Dynamique
seems like iv hit another problemm!! got it all wired up with some speakers basically my old renault ones used to crackle only when the engine was on. Im not very techy with all this grounding and wiring with audio leads. So when installing the new speakers i cut the connections off the old renualt ones in the door and wired them into the new ones. But when my engine is on I get the most annoying Crackle been doing my head in for months.
I was looking at a ground loop isolator but I only have speaker wire going into the speakers so im totaly unsure where to go from here. Like i say its fine when the engines off just not when its running. Thanks alot guys
Tom.