ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weitec or FK coilovers

After all the fiasco with Raceland/KTR - I've decided I'd rather just buy some coilovers from KAM Racing - as I've used them many times in the past and they've been brilliant

Looking through their website I'm wondering what people recommend between these :-

Weitec GT (£561) - http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.ph...72-172-cup-182-weitec-hicon-gt-coilovers.html

FK Silverline (£567) - http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.ph...-172-172-cup-182-fk-silverline-coilovers.html

or

FK Highsport (£459) - http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.ph...s-172-172-cup-182-fk-highsport-coilovers.html

--

I had weitec recommendted to me but it worries me that the rear says 15-30mm

The FK stuff says 40-70mm all round

Very confusing - my car's on eibach sportlines now and is way too high lol

Oooh another question

If I go for FK's - is it worth spending the extra £140 on konigsports for the damping adjustment - or are highsports good enough for a weekend car and occasional track day?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Why do you want to go that low? Iirc they can go lower, but are only tuv approved up to 30mm.

Well my worry is that I have eibach sportlines now which are supposed to be -20/30mm and it's way too heigh

I wanna drop the back another 20mm - so I guess -40mm will be fine

I ideally want to go low for summer pimping about at weekends and raise it up a bit for track use

I'm currently thinking FK is the way to go - most people rave about them
Now just wondering if it's worth having damping adjustment - considering its just a weekend car

PH1 iceburg
I had the konigsports and thought they were brilliant couldnt recomend them enough. Mine was for show more than go so the damping adjustment was wasted. The silverlines will be a good but as they are coated to stop corrosion.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Weitec were doing their coilovers with free delivery for £400 notes on their website.

i had FK's i had the Konigsport X ones and they were awesome with the koni adjustable dampers on them, yet other people with normal FK's dont rate them that high so they must be worth the extra!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
^ I think not :(
but why the hell are there so few 60 mm bolt coilovers? ok I know it's a rarer size but still..

Clio 172
I am looking at getting coilovers too and have been looking at the kam racing website, not sure what to go for though i had looked at the FK silverlines for £690

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.ph...72-172-cup-182-fk-silverline-x-coilovers.html

But after reading the ready for the track article on suspension i am being pulled more toward the Bilstein B14's at £872 and the AST solid top mounts at £164

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.ph...72-172-cup-182-bilstein-b14-coilover-kit.html

The kw variant 2 are over £1k and according to the article the Bilstein's are the best of the rest. My mate has Bilstein's on his S3 and loves them so i know that they are good.

You can get the Bilstein's for £810 from aktiv performance so unless Kam can do me a deal and give me them a bit cheaper i will have to go there, i will be ordering new brake pads also so hopefully Kam will budge a little.

What the opinions on the FK silverlines?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
top mounts dont make a difference for adjusting ride height, its done on the bottom of the strut. top mounts just give it less play and make it feel 10x better in turn in, i had compbrake solid ones, avoid. ast would be my choice

Clio 172
top mounts dont make a difference for adjusting ride height, its done on the bottom of the strut. top mounts just give it less play and make it feel 10x better in turn in, i had compbrake solid ones, avoid. ast would be my choice

Thanks

I noticed on the kam site that it says people who bought the bilsteins also bought the ast top mounts so i will most likely just get them.

I don't want to get into £1000 suspension on a £2800 car lol - it only comes out the garage 1 weekend a month and does a few trackdays a year

I think the FK Konigsports are the way forward with the koni adjustable shocks
A few of my mates have given koni adjustables absolute raves - and for £600 it sounds a bargain

Might look at getting some AST solid top mounts later in the year

Clio 172
Well for me my car is my everyday ride back and forward to work on shitty farm roads so the better the suspensionn the better the ride. I also had an advisory in my mot not that there is some misting coming from the dampers onto the springs so I suppose I can justify getting the bilsteins although I would like to here opinions on the fk's

Megane RS 250
A few people told me that the weitec have too low springs rate so the car hits the bumpstops pretty often.

I'm thinking of gettin the higsports for my 172FF.

I'm not buying V-maxx - they look cheap

For an extra £140 I could have the basic FK setup which is gonna be oodles better
But I think £600 for the konigsports is where my money is going this week :)

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
I am looking at getting coilovers too and have been looking at the kam racing website, not sure what to go for though i had looked at the FK silverlines for £690

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.ph...72-172-cup-182-fk-silverline-x-coilovers.html

But after reading the ready for the track article on suspension i am being pulled more toward the Bilstein B14's at £872 and the AST solid top mounts at £164

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.ph...72-172-cup-182-bilstein-b14-coilover-kit.html

The kw variant 2 are over £1k and according to the article the Bilstein's are the best of the rest. My mate has Bilstein's on his S3 and loves them so i know that they are good.

You can get the Bilstein's for £810 from aktiv performance so unless Kam can do me a deal and give me them a bit cheaper i will have to go there, i will be ordering new brake pads also so hopefully Kam will budge a little.

What the opinions on the FK silverlines?

We have matched off their current price. They are listing the kits at £832.95
currently. We should have stock of the AST top mounts later this week.

Kev

Clio 172
Just of the phone to kam racing and ordered

Bilstein b14 coilovers
mintex 1144 front pads
goodridge braided lines

add to that, i ordered

brembo hc front disks
camber bolts

from fred@btm, spent enough money today got to go to work to earn some more.;)

Yeah - I don't mind £460 when I'll get £150 ish back for the current setup - £300 for coilovers just to get it down a bit is worth it in my eyes

I don't even mind £600 if I need the damping adjustment
But I'm not throwing £1k at a car that's only worth £3-3.5 if I sell it tomorrow - massive waste of money

Clio 172
The bilsteins were only £832 from kam racing so only an extra £150 from the fk silverlines mentioned. If they are as good as everyone says it will be worth it.

I don't know whether to get wheel spacers now though, could possibly do with them to fill out the arches a bit.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
IMO if you are doing trackdays go for the adjustable damping everytime..