ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well done Renault!

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

VIV

THATS THE NICEST THING I HAVE EVERY HEARD SAID ABOUT BOB OR MYSELF ON THIS FORUM :oops:

THANK YOU !! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by VivJ on 11 March 2003

kis172.

my hubby has an 18month old (done 30,000k) mgzs 180 and can honestly say that he has had nothing but first class service from the MG/Rover dealership and the very few problems hes had have been fixed on the spot when he just called in to tell them.

BTW the same family who own the MG/Rover dealership also own the Renault dealership

VivJ - then I think you have been more fortunate than many, if not most, people I have spoken to on the subject. Lucky you - what part of the country do you live in?

Kis172

Im in Cornwall :) word spreads very quickly about good/bad dealers so the bad ones tend to loose out very quickly. also, I think we are lucky to use afamily run dealer who have been selling cars for generations...

Viv - I used to live in Cornwall, and yes, you are probably right about word spreading regarding service etc. and that will always help - and it is far more likely to spread in smaller communities than it will in larger towns/cities - lucky you again living in a nice place! :D

Do i get to join this group bonding session?

Anyway as usual Renault Bexleyheath were low on courtesy cars, they never have 1.2s left which is the norm id expect. It was down to a grubby mk1 172 or a new diesel clio van, after persuasion and the fact my car was going for a diagnositc check (so in for 2days max) the dealer was ok about it, id also expressed a lot of interest in the Cup so maybe it was a hidden salesman technique, i.e he wanted me to like the 172 so id get the Cup! Not that he needs to do that :)

I have to say im perfectly happy with my 1.2 at the moment though, it doesnt have the grip of the 172, and has a lot more roll through corners but the chassis has a real entertainment factor, i love my clio!

-Rob

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 12 March 2003

Anyway as usual Renault Bexleyheath were low on courtesy cars, they never have 1.2s left which is the norm id expect. It was down to a grubby mk1 172 or a new diesel clio van, after persuasion and the fact my car was going for a diagnositc check (so in for 2days max) the dealer was ok about it, id also expressed a lot of interest in the Cup so maybe it was a hidden salesman technique, i.e he wanted me to like the 172 so id get the Cup! Not that he needs to do that :)
-Rob

Rob

What did you do about insurance for the courtesy car as you are only seventeen and obviously some insurance companies wont quote young lads for a 172? Did the garage cover you or did you have to sort it out with your own company?

You forgot im now 18 :(

Youre right i wouldnt have a hope in hell of getting insured if it was my car, but it was for 48hours. Renault have block polocies, im not sure what that means but that allows them to do whatever they do..