ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well, I’ve finally gone and bought one!!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Yup, went and saw my mate at Renault again yesterday to talk through the prices and stuff to get exact figures and also to see if he could get me one pretty soon, rather than having to wait until mid September for a factory order...

Anyway, the price was right and he found a dealer with 2 new Cups in stock, so he made a call and managed to get me one of their Cups, so the deal was done! ;)

My nice shiny new Clio Cup arrives at my local dealer next weekend, then it needs to be registered, taxed, PDId etc.. and I can have it a few days later, so only about a week and a half to wait!

Woohooooooooooooooooooo!!! :D

Congrats Rich :D

Well i suppose it will be cheaper than a scoob to run, and i hope you got a good deal on it ;) but your still welcome to that ride out, and see what your missing ;) (its just ashame its not raining, as thats where you can really demonstrate a scoobs ability ;))

Tony:D

mk2 172

:D *monty burns voice* exxceeellent

nice one mate, take it youll give her death on the track hehe get her run in hard and fast;)

congrats

craggy

I would hope he chose blue, the silver cup is a joke! I thought the idea of the cup was that it was a rare car like the 106 and 306 Rallye? In silver it looks just like a 172.

I may get flamed for this but I find silver MK2 172S very un-noticable. I have been driving past a Black 172 and a Blue Cup everyday beside my work. It was only yesterday I realised that there is a Silver MK2 172 there aswell. I never actually realised it was a 172!

a cup HAS to be blue,

it just does

a iceberg cup will look just like a 172 (except for the alloys and cup badge)

the blue is much more noticeable

S2000

007, strange, dont think many will agree with you though! Silver is the most noticable, followed by red, blue then black!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

still think you need a 4x4 to get up that drive

but well done all the same

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Craggy on 05 July 2003

rich is a purist, surely blue?
Damn straight!!!

And none of this air-con b0ll0x either... ;)

Going from a 306 Rallye to a Cup aint a big step up in performance, but its got more toys (no more wind up windows), is brand new, has no miles on, comes with a 3 year warranty, I get 3 years AA cover, plus its cheaper to insure and will be better on fuel.

Was obtained for the right money too! :cool:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

air-con rules..

I can beat most of the cars on the road and get to 60 .1 of a second slower than you + I still have half leather/alcantara and a climate controled cabin.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

But round a track (Evo group test) the Cup was 2 secs a lap quicker...

;)

(and no, we are NOT starting a Cup vs 172 argument here)