ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well my back box just fell off...

While on motorway. FECK!

Thought it had been sounding quite nice and "performancy" for a few days. Lol.

Wonderful. Any ideas? Dont want to take it to Renho to rip me off. Is this sort of thing covered?! Its only got 30k on the clock!!

Si.

If you have no joy with Warranty. Get yself down to KTEC Racing near Bournemouth. They sell some nice systems. I had a Twin Pipe Cat back system fitted on my old 172mkII. Very nice!!

In that case, just bodge it back on, get some tape and Roberts your mothers brother!!!!

In my youth (Christ im old)I had the displeasure of driving a MKII Fiesto 1.1. The back box fell of that on the way to College one morning. I used a Pedagree Chum tin for a month before I could afford a new One.!! Sounded awsome, plenty of Woof!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Slinky182 on 20 May 2004

In that case, just bodge it back on, get some tape and Roberts your mothers brother!!!!

In my youth (Christ im old)I had the displeasure of driving a MKII Fiesto 1.1. The back box fell of that on the way to College one morning. I used a Pedagree Chum tin for a month before I could afford a new One.!! Sounded awsome, plenty of Woof!!!
ha ha pmsl

Renault probably have a fair few claims for exhaust problems so its worth pushing them.

Mine snapped at the catalyst weld, I too experienced a nice louder note for a while and when it finally went all together it put TVRs to shame. (Think race tuned TVR with de-cat unsilenced straight through exhaust.......going through a tunnel!!!)

The vibration in the car hurt my ears under full throttle LOL! :D

badinvincible thanks mate ill let u know if i get messed about at this garage and if i need it..

All.. yes sounds MINT! but coming back home yesterday on motorway, the electrical fault warning light came on (the one under the petrol warning light), all of a sudden the car wouldnt rev over about 3000!! scary as hell! Pulled onto hard shoulder to "let it cool off" then seemed fine again after 10 mins.

?! is that to do with it not liking its new exhaust "setup"?!

Feck! Si.

Coke can and exhaust paste, only problem is if youre selling it the potential buyer may want to look at the condition of the exhaust!

Quote: Originally posted by sjtb on 21 May 2004

badinvincible thanks mate ill let u know if i get messed about at this garage and if i need it..

All.. yes sounds MINT! but coming back home yesterday on motorway, the electrical fault warning light came on (the one under the petrol warning light), all of a sudden the car wouldnt rev over about 3000!! scary as hell! Pulled onto hard shoulder to "let it cool off" then seemed fine again after 10 mins.

?! is that to do with it not liking its new exhaust "setup"?!

Feck! Si.
no probs mate, PM if you are interested