ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well the 182 deed is done....

Just ordered a 182 with all the cup trimmings for my fiance.

The only problem is she has not stoped going on about how much quicker her 182 will be than my 172 cup.

I have now reminded her that the speed of a car is directly related to the ability of the driver. But this has failed to silence her.

Life goes on. At least i get my pick of which one i want....

:)

Quote: Originally posted by CRS172 on 18 April 2004

Just ordered a 182 with all the cup trimmings for my fiance.

The only problem is she has not stoped going on about how much quicker her 182 will be than my 172 cup.

I have now reminded her that the speed of a car is directly related to the ability of the driver. But this has failed to silence her.

Life goes on. At least i get my pick of which one i want....

:)
Just set her straight and tell her the cup is actually quicker albeit by a tiny margin!

Think about it logically, 2 cars exactly the same 1 has a power to weight ratio of 167 (182) and one has a power to weight ratio of 169 bhp per ton. The new rubber on the 182s allows more grip for a slighty faster 0-60 time but a slower 0-100 time. Just buy the same rubber and you will have the edge!

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Cup(170bhp, 1021kg) - 166bhp/tonne

182(179bhp, 1090kg) - 164 bhp/tonne

Too close to seperate!

Funny you should say that ....i need some new tyres on the cup after 6000mls so i have organised a set of the exalto 2s to go on next week.

We shall see how they perform.

At least when they arrive i can borrow the timing quip from work and do a timed back 2 back on both of them...:)

Cup(170bhp, 1021kg) - 166bhp/tonne

182(179bhp, 1090kg) - 164 bhp/tonne

Too close to seperate!

The renautsport.co.uk says 1110Kg for the 182? Where are your stats from.?

Funny you should say that ....i need some new tyres on the cup after 6000mls so i have organised a set of the exalto 2s to go on next week.

At least when they arrive i can borrow the timing quip from work and do a timed back 2 back on both of them...:)

Id be very interested to know trhe results! Cant choose between the exaltos or F1s at the mo!

I shall let you know.

If the exaltos are no good i shall just stick on a new set of continentals.

They are expensive the exalto2s but luckily i can get a nice discount :)

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

where are u getting your exalto 2s from? Im looking at getting some ... How much u paying 4 then (if u dont mind me asking)

i have the same with my other half he has a New Type R :eek: we will be picking mine up and he will be following me home :D

Quote: Originally posted by Iain C on 19 April 2004

where are u getting your exalto 2s from? Im looking at getting some ... How much u paying 4 then (if u dont mind me asking)
Local Tyre Place are ordering them for me.

They are about £50 each..after discount.

Just had Exalto 2s fitted to our 172 - 1st impression, they are going to be AMAZING, the grip is a million times better than the F1s!! And havent really pushed it yet as theyve only just been fitted!

Emma

Cup 172

Quote: Originally posted by CRS172 on 19 April 2004

Local Tyre Place are ordering them for me.

They are about £50 each..after discount.
Fancy sorting out a group buy then?;) Ill have 4 Exalto 2s for £50 each no problem!

Sorry...cant do anything...very strict criteria for getting the discount.

But i will let you know how they perform.

The impression i get is that they will improve the road noise, grip and ride quality.

Which will be very nice indeed...

Well according to Michelin there is no stiffer sidewall version of the exalto 2s they are all the same.

Unless people know different. The press mentioned Exalto 2+ tyres on the 182 cup pack but there is no such tyre in michelins books....ans that is direct from michelin.

As far as i know they are just exalto 2 (PE2) 205/45 16s.