ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well today i was told i may never drive

vauxhall corsa c
As above i came off my motorbike few weeks ago and basicly my foot is that messed up or will be once healed i may never be able to drive a manual car the doctor said well i thought ow great goodbye my dream of driving around in a clio.Then i was thinking what about an automatic clio is that bad or not ive been told there ok and easy to drive as all i want is clio there my passion so why cant i get auto.Can anyone help me and tell me what they think or where i could get one from cheap ish looking at a mk1 or mk2 prefered.please help. sorry for going on.

cheers.paul k

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Aww that's sad Paul, but chin it doesn't necessarily mean they are right. Work hard at the physio (as Peperami says) and prove them wrong. In the meantime keep your eye out for a 1.4 or 1.6 auto just so you can keep you hand in, so to speak.

How much are you looking to spend on one?

Ultra Blue R26
My Dad was told the same thing after a horse riding accident, also told him he would not be able to walk without a limp and need a walking stick for the rest of his life.
They were wrong, after a couple of years he had no limp and after a few more years could drive a manual car without a problem.
Chin up and I hope they're wrong.

visualize whirled pe
Keep the physio (and your chin) up. Think positive, remember that doctors usually give worse case scenarios so you can proove them wrong!

For now you can get a semi-automatic version (no clutch) of the clio! There was a guy on here just a few days ago with one.

Sorry to hear that mate, worst come to the worst a remapped smart car for a little while with a flappy paddle could be fun, but hopefully the doctors are wrong.

vauxhall corsa c
semi auto hmmmmm.it is dam sore my foot im been learning to drive in a manual but now im on a auto and its just lazy but after an auto till out happens eg.prove them wrong.only got £2000 poss £2500 sellin the soding bike that nearly killed me

you may know it, clio?
yeh basically what everyone else has said, get a cheapish auto clio until you foot is better :]

80MPG BEEZA
there was a guy in a brand new r32 other week at croft paralized below the waste, he had a lever fitted near the steering wheel pull to accelerate and push to brake, i wasnt convinced until i saw how wuick he was getting round the track!

RB 182
I'm going to this company in 2 weeks for a job interview... http://www.rediautosport.com/

If you want, I can have a word and see what similar products are on the UK market? I'm guessing its not what your looking for but its a cheaper version than having a custom kit installed?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
if ur gonna get a mk1 auto make sure u get the better 3 speed box, the 4 speed box is not the best of auto boxes going - ive got one at the mo and the box is f**ked and its only done 57k! gd luck matey, keep at the physio in time u may well get to drive a manual again.

p.s smart cars have their uses just not too much space lol

there was a guy in a brand new r32 other week at croft paralized below the waste, he had a lever fitted near the steering wheel pull to accelerate and push to brake, i wasnt convinced until i saw how wuick he was getting round the track!

My girlfriends sister has this on her Polo, I thought it looked dubious but it works really well.

Full sympathy mate I'm on crutches at the moment. Doctor has said I'm gonna suffer with arthritis and could lose a degree of movement in my ankle due to the joint being 50% stiffer. Just can't wait to drive the old 172 again, it looks so lonely :-(

BMW M3
Bad news mate. My mate was told years ago he should never play football again. I dont have to say what he does...

I'm not too arsed about what the doctors said. Like other people mentioned it's just a challenge to prove them wrong.

Kingy, did you break it or dislocate it? or both?

as said dont believe what doctors say,i was told that i would never play footy again cos my arm would never heal after snapping if in half basically.was playing again 18 months later :) chin up