ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet and dry

Clio 172, Astra burg
Spent a couple of hours doing the headlights, from 400 grit up 1500 then a compound on the DA and hand polish, unfortunately i forgot to take a before pic.

Anyway here's the result , good as new
20190715_211133.jpg

golgol

ClioSport Club Member
Did you apply a sealant/UV protection? I believe the headlights came with a UV protection coating from the factory (as all poly carbonate headlights do) and unless protected will very quickly revert to the hazy condition they were in before

As an aside, headlight easy to remove?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Did you apply a sealant/UV protection? I believe the headlights came with a UV protection coating from the factory (as all poly carbonate headlights do) and unless protected will very quickly revert to the hazy condition they were in before

As an aside, headlight easy to remove?

Dead easy, front bumper off (guide on here somewhere), remove 3× 10mm bolts holding the headlight in, one above and two at either lower corner. Then just two plugs to remove

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Good stuff, I've done the headlights on my wife's car recently, now need to do them on the clio as well. Clear headlights really makes most cars look a lot younger.