ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet Feet wtf?

fiesta 1.25
I got in my car today to drive to work, when i turned right loads of water came from nowhere and soakced my feet,wtf?

Chelsea tractor
You need to get one of those leg bag+ catheter combo's. I hear Astra Tech sell good ones.

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
All sounds familliar this....

Matrix is my last option, either way interior has to come out to dry the carpets, sound dead'ning smells like a wet, musty dog... Joy.

easy to tell if it's the matrix as you'll have lost coolant; it also tastes sweet, so that's another easy identifier. it's poisonous though, so don't overdo it

otherwise, maybe aircon fluid (?) or, most likely, rain water that's collected somewhere and flooded (check for leaks in the scuttle area, sills, doors, floor, etc)

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
easy to tell if it's the matrix as you'll have lost coolant; it also tastes sweet, so that's another easy identifier. it's poisonous though, so don't overdo it

otherwise, maybe aircon fluid (?) or, most likely, rain water that's collected somewhere and flooded (check for leaks in the scuttle area, sills, doors, floor, etc)

hmmm... Sorry to Hijack the topic, you could be on to something there Henry. my problem is defo water, all coolant levels are spot on too...... Belts have been changed within the last month too, Hmm, could it be aircon fluid i wonder...

i had this exact same thing happen a week back.

I can hear it in my sills after a heavy nights rain, and i park my car on a slant so it all goes to one side. Still cant work out how its come in though.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
there is many cavitys it can get in to sills allthough its a bit harder for it to get in to a sport. air con is not a liquid or its not in the cabin anyway. it will be a leaky heater box seal or blocked bulkhead drains

PH1 172 Sport

I can hear it in my sills after a heavy nights rain, and i park my car on a slant so it all goes to one side. Still cant work out how its come in though.

The sills have drain holes and they get blocked. Have a look underneath them and you'll see what I mean. You need to stick a nail or something in there to unblock them and let all the water out.

www.renparts.co.uk
hmmm... Sorry to Hijack the topic, you could be on to something there Henry. my problem is defo water, all coolant levels are spot on too...... Belts have been changed within the last month too, Hmm, could it be aircon fluid i wonder...

there is no such thing as air con fluid, just condensation from the air drying process. More likely a leak, often blocked drain under the scuttle panel, i recommend taking off the drivers side scuttle panel and having a look underneath if there is a pool of water next to the blower motor.

clio 172

u cant stop water getting in body work thats the idea of drainage holes i have this problem all the time wiv drainage hole blocking up on the sills, get a fork and bend the tooth up and poke ur holes lol

would anyone care to show me exactly where the holes are meant to be? i've been underneath the car twice and cant find anywhere that looks like its meant to be a drainage hole, no matter how much poking around i do.

clio 172
would anyone care to show me exactly where the holes are meant to be? i've been underneath the car twice and cant find anywhere that looks like its meant to be a drainage hole, no matter how much poking around i do.
if u run ur finger along the back of ur sill ul feel them, feels like a bump, they arnt that big supose thats why they get blocked.
not verry easy to see unless u jack ur car up

330D M Sport
Ok my car has had this problem twice now and both times has been rain water getting in. Best thing I have found to do is to strip back the carpet and the sound deadening, get a hose or jug whatever, and test all of the drains and sills etc individualy give them a bit of time for the water to run through. Its best if you have someone in the car with their head in the footwell looking up behind the dash with a torch and see if you can see the water running through. Once you have located it then you can fix it. The first time on mine the drain hole underneath the windscreen that comes out behind the engine was blocked with leaves and muc, I cleaned that out and it sorted it that was about a year ago. The other time was recently and after some investigating I found that the seal for the rear washer jet hose had slipped out of the hole it was sealing (Which is located above the passengers footwell on the left side just below what I presumed was a fuse box of some sort) and the water was coming through so I just popped it back in and siliconed it in placeand seems fine. if yours is on the drivers side aswell its more likely to be like the first one if any. Hope this helps

Just to let anyone know who still has this problem. I found the cause of mine a couple of weeks ago. Took the wheel off, and the arch liner and found close to a cubic foot of wet, compacted sand sat there, completely blocking the drain hole.

Ive had the car a year and have never been anywhere near sand so im surprised to say the least, but after removing all of it its been perfect.

In short, have the arch liner off and check the access to the drain hole is completely free.

clio sport 182
i had the same problem on my clio sport 182, could hear water slopping around in the sills after a good down pour and the carpets under the front seats getting soaking wet ? the dealer said it was the door seals and tweaked the doors and said it was sorted but wasn't, in the end my local little garage found the bulkhead drains were blocked, blowed them out with an airline and not had one single problem with soaky carpets since :approve::D