ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet patch under 182

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Not had my 182 long but I've noticed a wet patch under the car, it doesn't smell and isn't oil. I don't use the air con so not that. Seems like water. Any1 had this before?

Cheers kev.

It's A Reno
Park it up on some dry driveway and in the morning track the wet patch back up to the car. It will give you a good idea where it is coming from.

Titanium 182
It's water draining/dripping from the plastic under tray (Oil catcher).

Edit: It was in my case anyway :lolup:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Just checked under the bonnet and it's coolant as the bottle is empty. Bugger
Told you lol :rasp:

Mines doing the same. Get a £1 bottle of coolent from tesco for the min. In my case its not leaking from any of the connections as they aren't really a known fault.

In my case its a faulty gasket from the thermostat housing which is located just under the airbox.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I've never replaced coolant before could sum1 give me a step by step guide please. I know ya not supposed to mix so I'll need to know how ya get it all out.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I've rang the garage there gonna ask the service manager if they will sort it for me as I only bought it from a dealer a few weeks ago.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Been out this morning and found the leak, took the air box out and it's where there is a join in the 2 coolant pipes, looks like a missing clip so I've just cable tied it for now till I get to the dealers.