ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet Sanding Results

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Seen it. Crackin. Don't know about your mini but the BMW paint is shockingly finished. Miles worse than the reno's! I spent about 2 hrs wet sanding wee bits of the vee on Sat/sun! f**k doing the whole car! lol

Tangoed Works
TBH havent really looked closely to the peel effect, prob masked by all the swirls lol!

When I first saw KDS prices, I thought they were taking the sipp until I read that thread.

They give you more paperwork than after a service and mot!

Titanium 182
How does he get it so shiny after sanding it :S ?

Looks a right mess after hes used the rotary lol !

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Thats gorgeous - judging by the cars around the beemer it must be pricey!

Tangoed Works
yeh, i think on their prices it says £500+dependant on the car.

It is amazing though, you can actually see the hump in the bonnet "in your face" and it no longer looks stealth.

Interesting comments about lots of bmw owners complaining about new car paintwork. It is shocking that they should come out to you like this after youve spent £50k plus.

I think it is worth it, but just depends on how much of a perfectionist you are I guess.

Im gonna go down to the scrappie and practise on different panels. Would love to do this to someone elses car look wicked. Wouldnt do it on my own.

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Sod doing that to your own car let alone someone else's.
Got some serious skill's though

Seen it. Crackin. Don't know about your mini but the BMW paint is shockingly finished. Miles worse than the reno's! I spent about 2 hrs wet sanding wee bits of the vee on Sat/sun! f**k doing the whole car! lol

Agreed, BMW along with Honda have utter w*nk paint finishes from factory.
Well worth the end result, on a black car would be like glass.

Clio 172 RS2
Better not wetsand it through the clearcoat at the creases, corners end so on.

And this job was done on a new car!!!

Imagine the clearcoat has 'sunken' in after all these years, due to heat, sun, washing and so on; on our cars!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Aslong as you have a block/sander it doesn't take long to wet sand a full car.

Any pc'd cars at my work are fully wet sanded to remove any imperfections.