ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet Vac

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Looking for a wet vac recommendations.

Want a vac that does normal dry stuff as well as cleaning fabrics. I don't mind manually agitating carpets etc as long as the wet vac will extract the dirty water.

Or would it be better to get something like the Vax 6131T with carpet cleaning facility?

One with a blower would be a bonus too.

What are people using?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have a George hoover, which I find really good. Can be used for wet and dry. Good selection of attachments and they are pretty robust. Had mine for a few years and I don't exactly look after it! Pretty decent price wise too.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
My hoover has just s**t the bed and I'm in the house with the gf for the foreseeable. She's begging to hoover/clean the carpets cos she's weird so just ordered the George after spending a bit of time reviewing my options.

Will come in handy for the car and other bits is what I'm telling myself

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
My hoover has just s**t the bed and I'm in the house with the gf for the foreseeable. She's begging to hoover/clean the carpets cos she's weird so just ordered the George after spending a bit of time reviewing my options.

Will come in handy for the car and other bits is what I'm telling myself

1T40Am4.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I got this..

Amazing for the money

Yeh I got that too in the end.

The only thing that has bugged me with it so far is, when doing a bit of the carpet in the house, the little extractor seems to have so much more suction that the big one but trying to do a large area with the little one is a bit tedious!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Bumping this anyone recommend one for cleaning out farm machinery/vans etc

Been buying the cheapo screwfix ones but hovering up metal filings, stones etc keeps killing them.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Bumping this anyone recommend one for cleaning out farm machinery/vans etc

Been buying the cheapo screwfix ones but hovering up metal filings, stones etc keeps killing them.
When I worked at BMW we used 12 of these in the Bodyshop/valet bay.

They ran
from 7am until 4pm 5 days a week sucking up water, brake fluid, filter dust, dog hair, welding rods.... you name it, it sucked it up. Bloody brilliant machines.

I had a tool station/screw fix £80 one once and it lasted about 2 days. 😂😂

They’re s**t for washing upholstery (but they’re not designed for that) but for the job of sucking stuff up, bloody brilliant.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
When I worked at BMW we used 12 of these in the Bodyshop/valet bay.

They ran
from 7am until 4pm 5 days a week sucking up water, brake fluid, filter dust, dog hair, welding rods.... you name it, it sucked it up. Bloody brilliant machines.

I had a tool station/screw fix £80 one once and it lasted about 2 days. 😂😂

They’re s**t for washing upholstery (but they’re not designed for that) but for the job of sucking stuff up, bloody brilliant.

Cheers, that sounds perfect!