ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What’ll cause the least problems

I want to change the headunit in my 2001 172 but KEEP the existing CD changer, stalk control and remote display. Which brands (or models if you know :D) would cause the least problems? For example, I know you can get a lead to keep the stalk and display for Sony head units but can it also control the changer?

Thanks

You aint got an option my friend, the changer is useless with any other HU, the stalk and display can be controlled/used, and I seem to remember someone did a definitive post on here about just that, but there is only one brand or two that can use the display, but loads which will use the control.

So, on the whole, search for the answer to which HU can use the display, but you will have to get a.n.other changer Im afraid.

Isnt the changer made by phillips? Could a phillips unit control it? Phillips dont make stalk adaptors though. Only guessing like

changer is alpine. im in the same predicament mate.

i need to keep stalk and display. but ive gathered that i need a new changer to work with my new HU

So what are the options from Renault? I have a cassette head unit with the CD changer, all standard, but want a single CD up front as well. Do Renault do another head unit that would still control the changer?

And if I do put in another changer do I need to also replace the cable from the changer to the head unit or are these standard?

Thnx

You could put the renault cd head unit in and the lead should fit the same, might be selling mine in the near future so let me know, if not theres a coulpe on ebay!