ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What’s in the boot of a V6

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Seemingly stupid question I know (the engine - doh!) - but whats actually there? Is there any space at all for luggage or is it just access to oil filler caps etc?

Just intrigued.....!

D.

There is a small boot there where the cd changer is its only about a foot deep though I think from memory.

Da

Less

the engine bay is used as the boot up front. but as posted before its an odd shape and resricted as to wot you can fit in there.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 13 March 2005

you can get a lot more stuff on the shelf behind the seats than youd think.

Yeah we can manage a couple of small cases for when we go away....the rear boot is, in J Clarksons words, only big enough for a Kipper...lol

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by clarkiev6 on 14 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 14 March 2005

and the cd changer is def not in the back !!! its under the passenger seat - same as in a 172/182!

mines under the drivers seat!!

Mk1 Clio V6, multichanger is under the drivers seat.

Mk2 Clio V6, multichanger is under the passengers seat.

Clio 182

and the cd changer is def not in the back !!! its under the passenger seat - same as in a 172/182!

Pah! may aswell be the same bloody car! ;)

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 13 March 2005

Seemingly stupid question I know (the engine - doh!) - but whats actually there? Is there any space at all for luggage or is it just access to oil filler caps etc?

Just intrigued.....!

D.
Its just big enough for a "disklok".:)

Must have been the sat nav then that I saw.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

same as the modus I had for a courtesy car, came out of sainsburys with 9 bags and 5 had to go in the back seat as the boot was non existant.

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 14 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by clarkiev6 on 14 March 2005

mines under the drivers seat!!

Mk1 Clio V6, multichanger is under the drivers seat.

Mk2 Clio V6, multichanger is under the passengers seat.
Show off! ;)

3.0ltr V6

My Multichanger is under my driver seat and there is plenty of space ontop of the engine cover and behind the seats. You can get a few bits under the bonnet too. Why are you asking anyway Darren?

3.0ltr V6

Lol telford. Makes you wonder doesnt it! If you dont have one, wot a strange question and if you do have one, wot a berk, lol.

Mini Cooper S sport

Iwas actually wondering this myself, so thanks for the pictures. Theres a bit more room than I thought - still couldnt see myself doing the weekly shop in one though hehe.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Damn - rumbled by telford....... ;)

Just interested really. Ive driven both the new shape MR2 and a 911 and was interested how both manufacturers got around the lack of space issue. Porsche rather cleverly, Toyota a bit daft really...

I was just wondering how the V6 faired.

D.

3.0ltr V6

Like the delivery idea. Made me laugh! Anyway is it just me or are people forgetting the space under the bonnet? They just seem to think that the only space is the tiny bit in the back!

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 15 March 2005

Like the delivery idea. Made me laugh! Anyway is it just me or are people forgetting the space under the bonnet? They just seem to think that the only space is the tiny bit in the back!

Only problem with the under bonnet storage area is that it isnt water tight. Soggy Cornflakes anyone???

3.0ltr V6

steveV6 ive always put my shopping whether food or clothes under the bonnet come rain or shine and have never had anything getting wet! You got a leak somewhere.......