ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What’s this V6 on Ebay for £3K all about

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Its a scam, there was a post about this a few days ago. Basically the seller will say the car is in italy or somewhere, and that you have to pay the £3k upfront. He will probably try and sell it to 5 + people then run off with the money.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i reckon it is a scam but ive sent him/her an email so i can suss it out!

ill tell you all about it when i get a reply!

RS4

my cousin stringged one of these scammers along on a brand new m3 convertible he wanted 4 grand for it, and he wanted to charge us to ship it over, he wanted us to pay 4 grand plus and optional 1k for shipping

so we agreed on 5k with shipping, he wanted us to pay via bank transfer into some account (this was all done through email not ebay), then for us to fax him a reciept off the payment, and he wud then fax us a reciept of the shipping details and then our spanking car would arrive in between 10-20 days, while he would be resting his fat ass on holiday with my money.

we obviously never went through with it, probably would have ended up with a skoda or something like that

Here is what the reply to my question says: -

Hello dear eBayer,

First of all let me tell you that I am pleased that are interested in my RENAULT CLIO.
The pre-approved buyer feature has been added to prevent non serious buyers from ending the auction early, I hope you have no problem with that.
You have to know that the car I am selling is 100% working and great looking, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage, no flood or wrecked, the interior looks amazing. I am its second owner, the first owner was my father.
I just moved to Italy because my wife is Italian and she wanted to be closer to her parents as they are old and very ill. The car is here with us as well. We are expecting a baby in a few weeks and I really want to improve the old house we bought when we moved in time for the baby.

I have bought and registered the car back in United Kingdom , but unfortunately I wasnt able to register it here in Italy. For that I have pay a very big fee and I will also have to start an individual procedure for the vehicle through the Government and I really cant afford those expenses right now with the baby on the way.

Those are the reasons why the price I want for it is just 3,000.00 GBP. Shipping will be done by boat and the car will arrive in 5-7 days. The car will be inssured at the shipping company for the transport. All documents, including owners manual in english, clear title and bill of sale will be provided along with the car.

The transaction will be made under eBays buyer protection plan called Square Trade. I will need a GBP 1,300.00 deposit with the balance to be paid upon receiving the vehicle. The deposit will be sent to Square Trade and they will hold the payment until you receive the car.

Im a serious seller and a fair trader and I prefer to deal only with a serious buyer. If you consider yourself one please e-mail me back so we can start our deal.
So, please reply back with your full name and shipping address and your eBay username if you are really interested in purchasing this car so we can start the arrangements!

My best wishes!

Cosher yeah :D

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 19 April 2005 at 1:11am]

Clio RS 172 Ph2

The pictures used on this auction appear to be exactly the same (same reg everything) as another V6 which went (apparently genuinely) on ebay just 2 weeks ago. I know cos I almost arranged to go look at it.

It was in Brighton then (not Bradford) with 6 previous owners.

This guys clearly copied the photos for his own scam.

3 MPS, MX5

Exactly same thing happened last week on an Audi cabriolet.

The listing has now been closed.