ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what a car!

just been for a sunday morning drive,i love my car,some ace A+B roads around barnsley.what a car the 172 ,is so quick in any gear,picks up in 4th at 50 and just keeps going.exhaust sounds just right,brakes superb, corners ace,roads slightly greasy from all the rain bit of understeer,give it more gas straightens up and bam your off down the next straight,,,and what cost my petrol guzzling 3rd gear antics..my god ive dropped to 36mpg LOL! what a car!i used to have a mk2 saxo vts which was quick in a line but gave no where near as much feeling on the road ,pull through the gears or rode anywhere near as well as my mk1 172

sorry i had to share it!,i read reviews before i bought it and thought sounds good all this "grins aplenty everytime you drive it,,"go for a drive just for the sake of it"..its true,if anyone is considering buying one...dont,, just do it!

I know that feeling, the reason the 1.2 16v is sio crap on fuel is you have to ring the nuts of it to get it to move! Saying that on a trip to Edinburgh a while ago I saw 53.9mpg over 230 miles (ie better than my diesel gets sometimes!)

Know what you mean about the drive though. I know that I dont have a really fast car but the handling and feel for what the car is doing is superb. I love mine to bits, just wish it was a 2.0ltr

If you think that a 172 picks up well in 4th from 50 you should try a Pug 306 GTI-6, my last one picked up from 25mph in 4th!!

Now that was a car :D (all 177bhp in standard form, and yes i know they are 167 but mine was rolling roaded at 177 at the fly, 147 at the wheels).

Tony

erm cerbera

The 172 mk1 is great, but cross country the RS would whip the 172 (use to have a 172 mk1) IMO but saying that it wouldnt return 36 mpg. More like 10-15mpg

sounds very good.

driven a gti-6 round croft circuit,and very impressed kept up with lotus elise all day not much in it at all!,i swapped a 306 xsi 16v for the 172 was very tempted to go for the pug gti-6,, very (no its too late),but cost nearly as much as 172 with much more miles.love the shape but i do a lot of motorway driving and the 29mpg put me off.liked my 2.0 xsi 16v but just not enough go..sorted that with the 172!

i think the 172 is very similar to gti-6,i.e huge power,practical,rides well,creature comforts 6cd,air con and comunicative handling.

hmm my wife is looking for a 2nd car...ahh my dear have you heard of a pugeot 306 gti-6,,,no,,allow me to explain..;)

focus rs.you lucky git,it the qauff diff as bad as everyone says,only seen one the otherday,and i have read all the reviews saying there no good,but after seeing it in the metal.....I WANT ONE!!!! look fantastic soooo jealous:D

Hmmm the focus rs..... ive seen 3 now i think, there is a post somewhere about a virtually new one being rolled (no doubt on a bouncy road ;)) but they still say there are much better cars to be had out there, the fact these cars are rare will give them a bit of a status, personally id not buy one as i couldnt live with 2 fords! Too many good hot hatches out there now that are quicker on the road than a focus rs, even though it may dominate the track, i doubt that you can get anywhere near that on our nice roads.

Tony