ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What a day it was yesterday!

I was driving along, about 200 miles from home with my GF. Went into the shops and had a look around Havedford West in West Wales, came out and just as we walked into the pub, I noticed she had a flat tyre.

So luckily yesterday I had bought a can of tyre weld, So I bungs that in and all is fine. Drive the 15 odd miles it say to spread the goodness around and pulls into petrol station and I hear the nasty noise. I stop check tyre pressure, start it again and rev the nads off of it and it sound really bad. I believe its a cam belt tensioner of something like that. Shut engine off immeadiately to save any damage to valves, etc. Tow truck picked it up and its at a garage in Pembroke Docks! Had to call into work sick hehe! Ill let you know what happens!

Right, it was a cam belt idler, like I thought. New belt and one of those+labour= I hope its less than £200!!

Thats providing they can even get the parts today.