ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What a weekend!

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
I usually work weekends, so was looking forward to enjoying some driving time in the 172 this weekend, first off I was going to try to find the problem behind my misfire and high emissions, after checking everything that I could (injectors, coilpack, spark plugs, ht leads) I did a compression test which found cylinder 3 was down on compression (160, 160, 110, 160). So that confirmed my worst fears that an exhaust valve has probably burnt out inside the cylinder head. Then after going out in the afternoon I heard a bang from the back of the car, and the car felt very unsteady at speed. I put that down to it being bad weather around here, lots of ice and un-gritted roads.

Sunday morning, and I decide to go for a nice drive as it was sunny, got in the car and drove off and noticed the same problem as I had the day before, so I turned around to go home and have a look when the problem became all to apparant. The rear wheel bearing had failed in the osr wheel, the disc had also cracked and the wheel was flopping about all over the place....Nice!

So today, I have just finished putting on a new rear disc and bearing. So all in all, a rubbish weekend off work which I might as well not have had off!

Are rear wheel bearings/discs common failure on clios?

172 ph1
my near side rear went about a month ago mate....

just driving to work and got the suspect noise just really quiet and over the course of 2 or so weeks when i finially decided to pull my finger out found it was that! so duno if it helps but mine went lol.....

sorry to hear about ya weekend but sure theres plenty more to come eh? ;)

Clio 172
Yea I replaced both rear wheel bearings a month ago and already one is droaning like hell. Parts are covered under warranty for 12 months, however after a few calls to local dealer they said they will not replace the product as I fitted them myself. Cheap french crap if you ask me.

Yes ive had a few collapse...

IMG_7728.jpg

IMG_7738.jpg

That particular one lasted about 20 days, it was purchased from GSF. Did two trackdays in that time. Whereas the other side is a renault bearing and has done 12 trackdays over the year, and its still 100% fine!

IMG_7731.jpg

172 ph1
well....i crashed the car but had already replaced that side then needed to do it again as wheel was bent over like f**k then gradually did it again so changed it 3 times in a year but actually without crash would of been 2....as for gsf part only had it a month like i said so hope itl be ok not that ive done any trackdays yet...just use the roads as a track :rasp: not really im sensible

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
For those of you who've had this problem, did you find cornering at speed extremely difficult/scary? lol.