ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are the NEW clios like

Hi all!

Im new here :oops: and i currently drive a 209bhp rover 220 gti turbo...

Im 19 so the insurance is raping me, so im thinking of buying a brand new clio...

Ive decided i want the Dynamique but what are the engines like, 1.2 / 1.4 /1.6 ... ??

Any one of these is going to feel slow compared to my rover, but i just cant afford it any more..

I was thinking about getting a clio 1.6 16v dynamique brand new, what do you guys think ? how tuneable is the 1.6 engine ? has anybody got any figures or power plots from their 1.6s ?

Thanks in Advance :cool:

Black 172

I would have thought it would be quite quick the 1.6 i am getting a 1.2 16v dynamique tomorrow 18 months old and that feels alot quicker than my corsa even a 1.2 . If u go on the renault website it gives u specs

http://www.renault.comwww.renault.com

[Edited by cliovicky on 29 July 2004 at 10:59am]

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 29 July 2004

Hi, welcome to Cliosport. 1.6 16v will go to about 140bhp apparently. Insurance is pretty cheap.
220bhp. but then thats £100,000.0

these cars are light and if you get the 1.6 it looks more like the clio sport. still very fast and look pretty good.

a few extras may cost you but depands what you want from it. doing modz are fairly easy and can vairly... lowering, induction kits, bulbs, lights, grills,chipping etc can all be done

Ziel Nurburgring

my sister found that, those 8v corsas arent bad but the 16V dynamique goes quite well and its great on petrol

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

my 1.6 is pretty good mate 110 bhp standard, would like to know how peole can c 140 from it!

I have the use of a brand new 1.2 Dynamique. I drive it a lot at the moment as my Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo is off the road. I love the Clio. I kid you not, the quality of the materials and construction of the cabin are just as good as in an Audi TT (low model) that I also occasionally drive.

The 1.2 isnt a rapid machine, but it keeps up with traffic and gives 50+mpg if youre gentle with it. Its also one of the few 16v petrol engines Ive used that have very good torque at 2-3000rpm, which means that you can drive smoothly but not so that youd be going too slow.

My final observation would be how much kit you get for the money. In 1995 my first car was a 1.2 Clio special edition, which we got for £7k. It had a sunroof and tape deck... woooo!! Today, the 1.2 Dynamique has electrics, ABS, 4x airbags, alloys, fogs, CD player, auto lights/wipers and mine also has aircon/climate and an electric sunroof. It should have cost £10.5k, but a bit of haggling saw keys exchanged at £8,200!!!! (had cash, worked out a canny loop-hole and paid off a finanance deal early - cheated really!).

Go get one!