ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are these and am I ok to cut them out?

image.jpeg
Hi, just wondering what these are and if it would be ok to cut them out? Guessing they are alarm or light sensors but not sure.

Cheers

Yeah they're the alarm motion sensors. I wouldn't imagine you'll get a fault, rather they just won't work (obviously). I pulled my bonnet sensor one off and the rest of the alarm works fine.

They are indeed alarm sensors. I personally wouldn't cut them out, but it's your choice. Is there any reason your wanting to remove them?

Stripping wiring out of my track car, I'm not too proficient with all the electrical stuff so just like to check before I take out certain things. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah they're the alarm motion sensors. I wouldn't imagine you'll get a fault, rather they just won't work (obviously). I pulled my bonnet sensor one off and the rest of the alarm works fine.

Thanks, just took them out and didn't seem to get any warning lights.

Whilst I'm asking, the silver box in front of the gear stick which I believe is the airbag controller, is ok to remove it and cut all the wires leading from it to the two front seats? I have no airbags in the car at all.

Cheers guys

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Stripping wiring out of my track car, I'm not too proficient with all the electrical stuff so just like to check before I take out certain things. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks, just took them out and didn't seem to get any warning lights.

Whilst I'm asking, the silver box in front of the gear stick which I believe is the airbag controller, is ok to remove it and cut all the wires leading from it to the two front seats? I have no airbags in the car at all.

Cheers guys
Unplug it and leave the wiring mate is my advice. You stand more chance of cutting out too much otherwise. You'll only save grams from the wiring anyway.