ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are you like with your friends/passengers and your car?

I've always been quite reasonable with friends/passengers in my car asking them not to eat at all inside my car if they can help it, or to be especially careful if they must.

Of course I'll ask them to keep their feet off the dash, make sure they've not stood in something and generally treat my property with a bit of respect.

Yesterday I was picking a friend up as we were off to the cinema and pulled up onto her small drive. Driver side opens onto a small path/garden and passenger side door could open to the first 'notch' before making contact with a 2-3ft fence. So I get in first and am sat waiting for her. She opends the door pritty forcefully straight onto one of the horizontal runners of the fence, luckily not onto anything metal.

Cue the obligatory 'Do you want to be ****ing careful with that?!' well aware I've only had the 182 a few weeks and spent my entire Saturday making it spotless! So I get out a check for damages after picking up another friend from around the courner to find a very small 'ding'/chip on the edge of the door. It's not noticable to look at from the side but is spottable when eye-****ing the door sill. Along with some debris from pix'n'mix left in my car she isn't top of my books right now! I don't intend on presenting her with a bill for something so minimal but I did give her a verbal beat down over it! Having never brought or owned a car (driven her parents cars) I don't think she quite understands why I'm quite so obsessive? about it.

What are you like with yours? Do you let your friends eat/smoke/drink with the mindest of 'I'll clean it up later?' or are you bit like me in that once it's clean it needs to be kept clean!

BennyC

They can do what they like tbh, anything they spill/drop will clean up.

I would never let anyone smoke in the car though, as I can't stand it.

It's a female thing, my sisters car looks like a mobile skip and has the battle scars on the outside to go with the skip look.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mates wouldn't do that as they know I love my cars. Infact, I've got one mate that takes his shoes off when he gets into my car! He used to be a valeter with me and appreciates a clean car! lol.

Like fubar said, if they spilt/dropped something in the car then its an accident so its not their fault.

Nimbus Megane R26
in my 182 i didnt let anyone smoke or put feet on dash etc but not bothered about food.

With the R26 im getting in a few weeks, will be the same. Cant say no to a maccies or something.. :)

Clio 197 RB
One thing I say is to my girlfriend, don't get make up everywhere!!
It's a f'**ing pig to get off!!
Apart from that nothing!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm sorry, but if your 'friend' puts their feet on your dash, might I suggest new friends???

ffs, how disrespectful can you get!

feet on the dash is fine with me, as long as they take their shoes off.

I eat my lunch in my car every day, with my feet up on the dash.

RB 182 FF
i once went out with a girl who on our way out one night decided to cut her finger nails in my old car!!!! and just let the clippings flick around the front! needless to say she got an ear full and we didnt last long!!

dont allow smoking but then again none of my mates smoke, dont mind eating or drinking cuz i do it anyway...... feet up is a big no no though

eating is ok, as its only usually me n riad anyway on long journeys and were fat cnuts the pair of us, neither smoke either so its ok

no1 smokes in mine though, they can f**k off elsewhere and play with their cancer sticks.

Mini Cooper S
No smoking 100%. Eating/drinking is fine.

My mate lobbed a whole milkshake in my car by accident, when he was trying to get it out of the window. I wasn't happy but soon got over it! Perhaps I wasn't too bothered as it was my mum's car.

A4 Avant
I have a £200 xantia so people can do pretty much what they want in it. One exception is smoke!

When I had nice cars in the past I'd be annoyed if people abused it after I'd spent time looking after it.

Eating's fine. Drinking anything other than water isn't. Smoking is not to be done within three miles of my car. No hands/writing on the windows and no touching the F-ing radio/AC etc.

But I'm anal.

Megane 225 F1
As long as people take their rubbish with them, I don't mind what they eat or drink. As for sex, if she makes a mess, she knows she has to clean it up.

Vaxhall Zafira
I have a shite company car so they can do as they please except smoke as it stinks and the company don't allow it anyway.

The only thing that p1sses me off is when people leave rubbish in my car! Take it with you, you lazy foooooockers!

RB FF 182
It's only a car... it doesnt make it drive any less badly.
I used to be anal about it, but I dont mind so much any more, just no shoes on plastic trim or the dash.

Carpets can be cleaned. Dont park anywhere the doors can hit stuff, tbh my mother was the worst for this.

Oh..
One thing I say is to my girlfriend, don't get make up everywhere!!
It's a f'**ing pig to get off!!
Apart from that nothing!!

Flash multi purpose into a bucket of hot water, and a small shitty tescos microfiber ;) Removes it all no problem.

320d
Anything goes in my £595 Mazda i'm running now.

When I had my Clios eating and drinking are fine just try not to spill anything and don't leave anything in the car. I don't have a problem with eating, nothing hoover can't sort out. Drinks are essential for me on a long journey so i'm fine with that too. Just wish Clio's had decent (or any in the ph1's case) cup holders.

It's only a car... it doesnt make it drive any less badly.

Pretty sure the point is that when you come to sell it and it stinks of takeaways, has marks everywhere and generally looks like a tip inside, it's going to loose you money, not them.

Golf 7R
They don't eat/drink in mine, and I have the respect not to do it in theirs. I'm funny about my cars, but on the flipside, I'd let anyone ( within reason) drive it!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Pretty sure the point is that when you come to sell it and it stinks of takeaways, has marks everywhere and generally looks like a tip inside, it's going to loose you money, not them.

Surely you of all people would clean a car before trying to sell it??

Suzuki Ignis Sport
My girlfriend is a nightmare in my car, feet on the dash, feet on this ledge beneath the glove compartment, sweets with powder all over the seat, wipes her fingers on the side of the seats..

JUST GGGGGGRRRRRRR

but nothing i can do about it, coz i love her lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Not overly bothered tbh as long as its not like a massive dint, although i knda lost the plot when my mates ex fat blob chav sat on my bonnet and dented it

ppl only spoke with the roof down

SG9 Forester STi
Smoking is a no no for me.
Eating and drinking is fine as long as any mess is cleared up, although I'd probably get irritated if something was spilt.

Feet on the dash would shock me as I wouldn't do it in someone elses car and definitely wouldn't want it in mine.
I don't like it when people don't neaten up the harnesses but I guess that's me being OTT.

This is precisely why I'm so anal about things being damaged/scuffed/ruined. It seems to silly to be considering the time when I will be selling the car having just brought it however I want as much for my car as possible and don't want my friends carelessness to cost me money. Plus having been the first 'nice' car with spotless bodywork I don't want it covered in dents, dings and covered in pix & mix to drive around.

If they were stepping into an Aston or a Ferarri I'd bet my left plum they'd take more care.

clio 182
ok, smoking is ok in the front, as i do, but not in the back,
eating its fine aslong as thay take the rubish!! pet hate when it comes to crap left in my car for me to clean
playing with the cd player is fine within reson, cant stand listning to half a song of every song !!
no feet on dash, makeup alover seatbelts! unless im trying my hardest to get into her nikers then its a whole new ball game, ;)
i usualy try to park were the doors wont get dinked but if im close ill let them know before hand so thay dont try swinging it fully open,
not a fan of people leaning on my car tho i usualy open boot if someone wants to sit and still be envolved in a convosation outside the car
and thats about it realy

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Sport
Just wish Clio's had decent (or any in the ph1's case) cup holders.

+1
they might as well not exist! Seriously, what kinda cups do they expect people to fit in there?! lol

Well smoking goes without saying! :dead:
As for food, eat all you want in mine, just don't leave mess, and FFS!!! - no messages in condensation on my windows, that's worse than mess!!

I dont mind people eating in the car as long as they try not make a mess n take there rubbish with them but gets on my nerves when they stash it somewhere n then just leave it! Dont like feet on the dash etc, and people scuffing there shoes and boots off the sill and seats!
My girlfriend and family are pretty good as they know how i am, lol, and plus now my girlfriend treats her car the same:D.

Its not so much mates n that, its when i take it into a garage who you would expect to treat the car carefully n not crap, damage or rip anything but nobody cars anymore, and to be honest most of the dings n stuff is from when i took the car to a garage but then they say it was never them n you cant prove it, cant win!

Eating = fine. Aslong as they have something to wipe their hands on other than my seats!!

Smoking = big no no. Even with roof down. None of my friends smoke anyway, so that's not a problem.

If any of my friends damaged anything on my car, it goes without saying that they would offer to pay, no matter how small the problem :) Like wise, i would with their cars too.

ford cougar 2.0 16v
i aint that fussed what passengers do , apart fro taking the mick and spilling stuff . But the only thing that narks me is passenger drivers, but i am quite lucky havent met one for a few months

Black Clio GT
i try to enforse a no eating/drinking of coke/juice that will stain rule in the car but when the mrs uses it she covers it in crumbs and fag ash anyway so given up now lol

Westy. MX5
Passengers are allowed in my car, they get a free ride to wherever and thats it. No loud music, eating, drinking, smoking, wanking, shagging (unless with me), farting, talking football, winging. Probably a few more too.

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
I let my friends do what i do in the car, so smoking, drinking eating is all ok tbh. Music in the car though no one has mentioned... Nobody touches my stereo. Not that its worth alot but when i'm driving only I choose the music!

The outside of the car though has to be treated well like being careful opening doors, or leaning on the paintwork etc etc.

Honda & VW
Eating's fine. Drinking anything other than water isn't. Smoking is not to be done within three miles of my car. No hands/writing on the windows and no touching the F-ing radio/AC etc.

But I'm anal.

i'm the same mate

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Passengers are allowed in my car, they get a free ride to wherever and thats it. No loud music, eating, drinking, smoking, wanking, shagging (unless with me), farting, talking football, winging. Probably a few more too.

Wow, being friends with you must be sooooo cool!

I f**king hate how people who either aren't into cars or don't have one, think it's ok to just lean on the side of it. c***s.

Once inside the car, no putting feet here there and everywhere, it's not school. Sit down like a normal human being and shut up. I don't give a f**k about smoking in the car, eating is ok depending what it is. Drinks have to be big enough that the cup holder will keep them upright. Found out the hard way that a Clio cupholder won't hold a can of coke upright. Oh and nobody touches the stereo/radio except me.

DCi 100
I've never understood the feet on the dash thing...

The first time I ever heard of someone actually doing that was a rant on a Corsa forum about 18 months ago, I've never done it nor been in a car with someone who does it!