ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are you like with your friends/passengers and your car?

I've only acually had feet on the dash when stationary/parked up. Feet on the dash when moving, whether it be the soles of your feet or your whole leg/calf when thinking about it is very dangerous (assuming you have passenger airbags!) Either your lower back & hamstring flexability is going to get a testing and most likely strained/teared or your going to have your knees fly into your face at about 100mph!

R26
eating or drinking is fine as long as they take the crap out
definitely no smoking and leaning on the car, i f**king hate it when people lean on my car
oh but feet up is fine with shoes off :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I f**king hate how people who either aren't into cars or don't have one, think it's ok to just lean on the side of it. c**ts.

Once inside the car, no putting feet here there and everywhere, it's not school. Sit down like a normal human being and shut up. I don't give a f**k about smoking in the car, eating is ok depending what it is. Drinks have to be big enough that the cup holder will keep them upright. Found out the hard way that a Clio cupholder won't hold a can of coke upright. Oh and nobody touches the stereo/radio except me.

z8jay > "want a lift mate"

your mate > "nah its cool, going to walk barefooted"

z8jay > "but its 79 miles away"

your mate > "yeah, how about that..."

A3 Tdi
Anything really goes in mine, eating, drinking, music as loud as you like. Smoking is only in the front with the windows down as long as your careful (5mins with the windows down get's rid of the smell)

The car get a good clean inside and out once a week and even then it's never smelly or dirty. Havn't got any dody stains or marks so all is good :)

Stagecoach Ticket
I feel your pain buddy its mainly girls, my mates run some nice cars so they are respectful

My rules : No smoking, no eating, no drinking (except long journeys), no dirty shoes, bags ride in the boot, no feet on the dash, hate people chucking s**t out of the window, music below 15 at all times hate loud s**t!. Girl freind has to get out before parking now as she used to love carting the door into walls, fences etc.

Stagecoach Ticket
Ah if you have a PH2 clio and have issues with cup holders take the ash tray out it fits a mc donalds large cup perfectly

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Ah if you have a PH2 clio and have issues with cup holders take the ash tray out it fits a mc donalds large cup perfectly

I shall have to give this a try...i've can't count the amount of battles i've lost to a large milkshake!

Does it still fit if you have climate control?

DMS

A thirsty 172
I'm not too bad with friends / family in the car. The only things I don't like are:

- Other people farting. If I fart it's OK because it's my car.
- People smoking in the back seat because there's no ash tray and the windows don't go down. I don't mind smoking in the front seats though because I smoke anyway.
- People carelessly getting in and out. I have to warn people not to catch my door on walls / fences / other cars.
- People pissing about with my stereo. It's mine, it's set up how I want it. f**king leave it.
- People who are constantly going in and out of the glove box when it's none of their business, or who keep adjusting the seats every 10 seconds. Just sit still and stop fiddling FFS.
- People who moan about my driving - too fast / too slow / too aggressive / going the wrong way etc. If you don't like it, f**king walk.
- People leaving their rubbish in my car.
- People pissing about with the air con / climate control. I set it how I want it, not how you want it. If you don't like it, buy a f**king jumper and stop being a girl.

Stagecoach Ticket
I shall have to give this a try...i've can't count the amount of battles i've lost to a large milkshake!

Does it still fit if you have climate control?

pass i never had climate control so no idea all i used to do was pop out the ash tray chuck a napkin in there and large cup job done

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Eating is okay as long as it's nothing that will leave a smell (Maccy Ds, kebab etc) or if it's something that has got flakey pastry. Smoking is a no no. Drinking is fine.

I absolutely hate when people have been in the back though as the seatbelts are out of their little holder things on the seats and the headrests are up!

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
pass i never had climate control so no idea all i used to do was pop out the ash tray chuck a napkin in there and large cup job done

Cheers for that. Will give it a try! Back on topic though...

As for smoking, i allow it in the frint providing windows are right down and it's not raining (can't stand the marks that the ash leaves) plus whoever smokes MUST use their left hand with the stick right out, can't deal with it being held in the car!

I'm a bit of a pig when it comes to maccies, i'm a 20 chicken nugget lover so eatings all good as long as it's not dropped/wiped everywhere and people dispose of their rubbish. Same with any drinks really, however no passenger gets to use my cup holder, that's restriced for me and my california scents! (currently cranberry - highly recommended ;))

DMS

A thirsty 172
Oh yeah. The headrests being up really pisses me off too.
Not something I have to worry about now though. Stripping the rear FTW.

All my mates respect my car as they all respect their own.
Drinking and eating is fine, aslong as crumbs go on to the mat and not all over the seat. Have to keep a eye on drinks as no decent cup holders in a ph1.
Smoking is definately a no.
Irritating things for me are the glove box being open while driving and people that don't return the seatbelt back to where its suppose to be.
Also, people that allow the door to swing right open, grrr.

Clio 182 + Recaros
It's a female thing, my sisters car looks like a mobile skip and has the battle scars on the outside to go with the skip look.

Brilliant - this made me laugh out loud as it describes my other halfs car perfectly....

Given that I do try to keep my car clean and tidy - Smoking is a complete no, as it showing a lack of care with door opening. I'm generally pretty relaxed about food and drink in the car although on a clear road I'm likely to give it the beans which would make either activity fairly unfulfilling. LOL

182 has now gone!
My friend asked me if it was ok for her to put the headrest up in the back and eat her apple! All my friends and family know I am a bit of a clean freak when it comes to my car..

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I don't mind to much as long as if they make a mess they clean it up as they get out, hate when people leave rubbish like empty food containers (crisp packets etc...), its just rude.

As for my driving, I don't think its fair to make someone in the passenger seat scared or not enjoy the journey. So I always say, especially to someone I don't know that well, that they can tell me if they want me to slow down etc... I hate being in someone else's car if I don't like their driving. Its not usually speed that scares me, it's more when I realise that the driver has no clue how to drive properly. Braking in the wrong place etc... As a result I feel it is unfair to make other people feel scared in my car!

Giulietta 940
No eating, no smoking, no drinking, no touching the stereo, no passenger braking, make sure your is seatbelt on.

Probably why I drive alone.

Fiesta ST3
no food in the car at all and make sure shoes are clean as possible (i,e no mud if it can be helped)

williams and trophy
i think they are mainly too busy shitting themselves to bother dropping sweet wrappers etc....quite the opposite in fact, passengers tend to start squeezing things really hard when im driving lol..

Da

Less
I got called 'anal' for parking so far from the cinema front door last weekend...

...needless to say, that particular female will never set foot in the 200 again!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I dont really bother about people, they can eat/drink/anything and I can do that in their cars. And I park as close to the front door of the place i am going to as possible. At my local tesco their is a tiny space (hence not a disabled) literally outside of the door, when I get that I am soooooo happy lol.

Hate taking people in the back though, such a farce with the seats.

No smoking though, not ever!

Eating and drinking is fine aslong as all their rubbish is taken with them and any crumbs are either brushed onto the floor or out the door.

No smoking at all

No touching any controls or radio.

Don't f**k about with the seat, I have a mate who gets in and immediately the seat is horizontal and then f**king leaves it like that when he gets out.

People in the back need to put the headrests back down when they get out.

NOBODY touches the windows or paintwork and nobody leans against the car except me as I clean the f**ker :p

White clique
They can eat no probs, smoke out of the window if they must but no way can they leave crisp packets on the floor!

182 Full of Fat
I don't really mind anything as long as they obviously tidy up any mess they leave behind. No smoking though, I do smoke but haven't touched one in my car since owning it.

One thing that does seriously get on my tits though is my missus shutting the door with her greasy/makeuppy fingers and leaving fingerprints all over the door pillar. Makes me sick (maybe only noticeable on B/G though) lol

Ph1 172.
When i drop my girlfriend off she occasionally closed the car door with the hand her keys are in. I've asked her not too and she says "but, I didn't!" I heard them clang against the door :(

Mk2 1.2 Campus
I'm very easy going in the car, just have a few rules. No eating and no rubbish.

Each front seat must be level with the other on the runners, if anyone gets in the back the passenger may only adjust the backrest position to allow legroom, no one behind the drivers seat.

All floormats must be kept onthe same position, csnt have one being pushed around when people get out.

If in extreme cases of warmth the window may be out down but only if the other one is at the same level.

Every air vent must be facing directly forwards and the 2 centre ones must be especially perfect.

Mini Cooper S sport
No-one eats in my car! Drinking bottles of water I will allow, but no cups or anything sticky. McDs etc are an absolute no-no.

No leaving any rubbish, no farting and no fiddling with my knobs and buttons although I do take requests :cool:.

As for feet on the dash, what kind of slobs do people have for friends!?? I've never done that in a car.

Evo 8 MR
No-one eats in my car! Drinking bottles of water I will allow, but no cups or anything sticky. McDs etc are an absolute no-no.

No leaving any rubbish, no farting and no fiddling with my knobs and buttons although I do take requests :cool:.

As for feet on the dash, what kind of slobs do people have for friends!?? I've never done that in a car.

+1 thats about as disrespectful as it gets tbh.

Absolutely no food/drink/smoke or anything in mine, I've made an exception before to crisps etc on long journeys though.

It's a PITA to keep clean with just day to day stuff let alone people munching their dinner in there.

Oh and I don't get why people have the floor/door cards/back seats/boot etc full of random crap so when you get in the passenger seat there is nowhere to put your feet!

I literally take a couple of things like a rag and a couple of cd's in the glove box and sunglasses on the dash, nothing else except those essentials in the wheel well.

CLS, RS MEG
Whilst on site, i popped over to the materials cabin, where i noticed the main site agent lent on my car, notepad and pen on the roof, alongside a cup of coffee! He got the idea when i placed a toolbox on his BMW's bonnet :D

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
If I'm completely honest I don't like people in my F car.

My gf is allowed in there on the very odd occasion and she is not allowed to touch anything. Actually, she's not allowed to talk or even fqing breath!

To be fair the first time I ever picked her up she flung the door wide open into a wall. Dumb a55, dunno why I didn't tell her to fq off there and then. 5 years later I still tell her to be "careful"