ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are you paying for insurance ?

Porsche Boxster987S
im same stats as you kic^^^ (turned 20 in march) but i was paying 1000 for mine. your being robbed

2 litre twin turbo estate
clio 182,
29 yrs old driving 12 yrs with 11 yrs no-claims
no convictions
£650
direct line
but that is with the missus added she is 22 held licence for 18 months no claims or convictions

have to laff at you lot wanting it cheaper lol

1.2 16v
19 yo
0 NCB
£850 excess!!!!!!!!!!!
close to 1800 this year

now stop moaning lol

You're being done mate! At same age, with same car and a high risk job (which makes a huge difference) i was paying £1100...

Currently with bell, £920, 23, 2yrs ncb and 2 claims within last 3 years.

Whats your job like ?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
£390 Greenlight, can get it loads cheaper but no one includes the trackday cover for reasonable money.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Postcode probably makes the biggest difference . I've just got a quote off Directline using my postcode , then 2 of my mates . One mate was 30 quid less , the other who lives in what would be regarded as a desireable place is £165 less .

Cro

Meg'd r27
5 door 182 (conversion)
in belfast which is only now being considered by some insurance companies
£950 greenlight :D

Never above 25mpg
1 Year NCB
TPFT
My own policy
£1100 with installments :( Quinn Direct that

Cheapest though for me for some reason

R27, JCW GP, M4, M2
2006 racing blue 197
Swansea, post code area e :(
1 yr ncb- had licence 2 years
No points
I'm policy holder but both parents as named drivers (brings down the price)
1 k excess
Total cost 2.251 k

Da

Less
They usually take it off the claim anyway so write it off if you do crash! ;)

As for me...

27 full NCB paying £450 FC on the RB 182.

19, 2 NCB, 1.2 with mods declared and fully comp is going to be £550 this year.

Includes the g/f who doesn't have her licence though.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Cant believe some of you have £1k excess'

I know! That would scare the crap out of me!

I manged to get my renewal quote this year down from £470 to £340 this year with elephant. Was well chuffed! Was an interesting phone conversation when I told them I could get insurance for under £350 and when they asked who by, I told them it was from them! I had done a new quote online with them when I was searching the market and so they matched it without fuss lol.

Always ring for on a renewal - although I don't think elephant will do anything normally. I one rang RAC up 3 times to get 3 different discounts but on the fourth attempt, they said they've already given me this, this and this discount and no way I could get anymore lol no harm in trying :eek:

BTW £340 on a 1.4 mk2 ph1. £300 ex, 3yrs NCB, 4yrs experience, 3 points, 1 non-fault accident. £960 quote for all the same as above but on a ph1 172.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
clio 182
driving 1 year..got no ncb!
£2900!!!:dapprove:

ouch! i thought you said like 1.5k earlier?

/carl

EDIT: quoting " its racing blue! was going to pay £4700 but ppl knocked some sense into me so went on trader policy paying £1700 at 18:)"

Last edited:
  80MPG BEEZA
23 years of age
3 years ncb
1.2 hybrid with all mods declared which is alot!

£420 with adrian flux :) i'm good say no more