ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What battery MK2 PH2 Will be running amps

K20 EG Hatch
OK going from my previous post http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103450

got in my car again and the battery is flat! There is no drain going from it as this has been tested so i think the battery is just dodgy, well it cant stand the cold!

I need a descent battery that will be able to run my 2 v12 alpine amps fine 2x type r subs too (dont think that matters?)

Cheers

Oh yeah, it wont be done under renualt warranty will it?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
no it wont be covered under the warrenty.

tbh you shouldnt really have a problem with the standard battery.
Pretty damn cheap from renault as well !!!
or any local car shop

A well built VW
Should only cost a few quid extra for a heavy duty one , sure i paid £35 for a Varta heavy duty one from National tyres with a good warranty - Your car sounds abit like mines before battery was replaced , and it was around this time of yar when the cold takes its toll on cars electrical systems

Polo + Micra
yellow top optima but there are two problems with this

1. the f**king price

2 the terminals are on the oppersite side of the batt

K20 EG Hatch
there is no way on earth i am gonna spend this much on a battery! £180 i think it was lol

my bro can get me a heavy duty one from work trade for £20-£30 he says

Megane Mk4
Dan Page said:
I need a descent battery that will be able to run my 2 v12 alpine amps fine 2x type r subs too (dont think that matters?)

Out of curiosity ... how big are your amps? and are they switched off when the powers off on your head unit ? coz some amps tend to stay on, might be them thats doing it, either that or your running them so long your not giving your battery chance to catch up... Buy a Farad capacitor... well worth the money they are! ;) :D

Polo + Micra
yeah just get the one with the biggest Ah rating(that fits) and you should be fine

also might be an idea to put a fat earth in while you have the batt out

Skoda Fabia vRS
watch out for this talk of 'heavy duty'

the battery for all Clios is an 063 kind, which is a small battery fitted to most little cars, usually the heavy duty type are about 450CCA in this type, retail at about £50 for a good quality one

however, on the Mk1, not sure on Mk2, though probably the same, you can fit the bigger 065 type, and the proper heavy duty version of that battery usually has around 600CCA, for about £10 more

if you can fit it in the tray, put a heavy duty 065 in, not the heavy duty version of the small 063