ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What bonnet release mech to buy

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
What standard mechs have people used? Don't want one that's gonna fail on a trackday and there's loads listed on ebay if anyones used one with no problems

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I bought this one 2 years ago, no issues with it flying up or anything, but unfortunately it's gone rusty already. So on the look out for a decent replacement also.
Not sure you can still get genuine anywhere?

Clio 197,with megan'
The ones with the pins, will not be allowed on the ring, I have been told, but the ones with the locking keys are. I have had pins, they went rusty, and looked unsightly, so I am going over to locking key ones.

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
I took mine off - disassembled, de-rusted, adjusted and lubricated. If done properly the bonnet closes with a distinct 'clang' from the spring so you know its locked fully and the opening lever resists until the bonnet springs up and the slider catch when lubricated properly cant stick open. Done track days with no issue. See lots of 172/182 on track without aftermarket catches too. Recommend using silicone grease as against other products.